Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Quattro FX Mask Keeps Slipping Upwards
Angry 
Quattro FX Mask Keeps Slipping Upwards
I have a ResMed Quattro FX full face mask and it is so far the only one that fits my face. (I have a wide nose bridge which makes it hard to wear something like the Quattro Air.) My mask slips up my face A LOT at night with the straps that came with it. My bottom lip comes out from underneath the mask and I start to choke. Any ideas of how I can fix this.

I don't have my Rx right now as my insurance is terrible (Humana) and they currently don't have a single Sleep Medicine doctor within my network. So preferably something I can do to fix it without requiring a new mask.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro FX Mask Keeps Slipping Upwards
Welcome to the forum!

It sounds a little like your mask may be on the small side based on your description. Have you downloaded the mask template to verify your proper size? Most online suppliers have these templates in pdf form. Just remember to select "Actual size" under the "Page Sizing and Handling" option when you go to print. Otherwise it will probably print the template smaller than normal thus skewing the correct size.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of our members, Woozie, invented something for just that problem. He calls it the Woozle. Check it out at this link. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ap-for-FFM

sLooks good to me.

Enjoy.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pdrunk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can find a fix for your mask problem.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2015, 05:28 PM)sgearhart Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

It sounds a little like your mask may be on the small side based on your description. Have you downloaded the mask template to verify your proper size? Most online suppliers have these templates in pdf form. Just remember to select "Actual size" under the "Page Sizing and Handling" option when you go to print. Otherwise it will probably print the template smaller than normal thus skewing the correct size.

Good Luck!

I figured, but I've been using it for a while and I can't just swap it out at this point. I was using the straps from the Quattro Air that I got and killed the bridge of my nose and it worked for a time. But the strap is worn out.

I'm also in a position where I can't get a prescription from my sleep doctor as he is not under my current health insurance plan. I can't afford to go and they've said I need to see the doctor before he will re-up the Rx.

Post Reply Post Reply
I found that when my mask pulled up, I had the upper straps too tight, because higher pressures during apneas created leaks around nose, and eyes, so I snugged them up. Next night when I put it on, I saw the error of my ways. Now when my apneas awaken me, in that manner, I hit the off button, and start anew.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2015, 04:50 PM)pdrunk Wrote: I don't have my Rx right now as my insurance is terrible (Humana) and they currently don't have a single Sleep Medicine doctor within my network.
Don't know how your insurance works but I got my prescription from a cardiologist. He once mentioned he's been using a CPAP for years, so that probably helps too.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to get prescription for a mask from my Primary Doc. It does not have to be a neurologist. Make sure you have him not write "As Written", and it would be your choice as to what you get. Look online for the best price on the one you want, ask these guys for any recommendations, and send them a copy of the prescription for their file. Won't likely need another one for them, again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem with the quattro fx. It's a nice mask other than that.
I believe you can buy headgear and cushions without a script if those will help.

I have seen open package or gently used equipment for sale at greatly reduced prices.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 363 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 300 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 477 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  F & P Vitera mask slipping into mouth 2007User 1 589 10-28-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,214 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  RIP Quattro FX dave1013 5 713 08-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dave1013

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.