Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to cpap/oscar/reading charts
New to cpap/oscar/reading charts
    It's been almost 5 weeks as a cpap beginner. After 2 different masks I finally got one that works (I hope) First try was last night. Attached is the report.
I finally got Oscar and it read my SD card. I know nothing about any of the charts. Can someone tell me what this all means....in english please. 
I could only download the pages you see, as a notice said the file was too big.[attachment=25066][attachment=25066][attachment=25066]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to cpap/oscar/reading charts
Hi DotLove,
There is a wiki article that gives extensive documentation for Sleepyhead (the precursor to OSCAR).  You may find some help in this article.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Good luck on your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, DotLove. Congratulations on finding a good mask and starting in with Oscar. I'm going to guess the file size has something to do with your posting a photo instead of some other file type. Try arranging your Daily Chart as explained here:

and then taking a screenshot to upload, as explained here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

It may all sound somewhat fiddly, but once you've done it once, I think you'll find it's very easy.

The reason for bothering with all this is so that people can see, on a single page, the key elements of the interrelated data you're hoping to interpret. Let us know if you hit any snags.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board. I ditto the screenshot. If you're using a Windows PC, tapping F12 when on the Daily chart view will get the proper screenshot file suitable for attaching to the post. Other operating systems have other methods of proper screenshots.

Include a fairly detailed and critical answer to "How do you feel?" when responding so that we can know what areas you need assistance with. Optimizing settings may yield a better AHI.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 132 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.