Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum
New to forum
New to this forum. Original sleep study was in 1996, mid - late 20's age, 5'7", 160 lbs. By 2001 I was using a Puritan Bennett Goodnight 418 AutoPAP, and even had the Silverlining Software for it. Next machine came in 2007, another PR Goodnight, model 420E AutoPAP, but not a data logger.

Family doc just wrote a prescription for ResMed S9 AutoSet, H5i, with ClimateLine hose, as well as referred for a new titration this morning. Went to local sleep clinic for paperwork, and found out they carry ResMed C/A/P PAP's and supplies. They had Encore Auto in stock, but not the AutoSet. They made a couple of calls, and informed me my new AutoSet will be here either this Friday or next Monday. Best part is they had an opening for this Thursday night, which I scheduled. New sleep study and new auto data logger all within a few days, EXCELLENT.

I've never had another sleep study since initial in 1996, and my setting have been 6.5 minimum, 9.5 maximum with autoPAP all these years, and they had recommended 8 if using contanst CPAP. Have always used nasal pillows, most recently Swift FX size medium; love this headgear setup. Curious what my new settings will be, since I'm getting close to 44 yrs old and 175 lbs.

Have found info on how to obtain ResScan software, which I'll do shortly. Good site you guys/gals have.
TX Gulf Coast
ResMed S9 AutoSet
Swift FX medium pillows
pressure auto 6-10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to forum
Hi tripntx, First, WELCOME! to the forum.! Hopefully your study goes well for you. Keep us posted.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm happy for you! You will enjoy the new machine!!

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
Before taking the machine home, make sure it say AutoSet (Not Escape or Escape Auto) next to start button as shown here
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Ask them to include the humidifier cleanable tub (comes apart and easier to clean) sometimes its an optional extra

The S9 Autoset is an awesome machine to treat obstructive apnea but it does nothing to central apnea
If you never had a sleep study since 1996 which is some 16 years ago
You need a new sleep study not just a titration to rule out other sleep issues
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2012, 06:11 PM)zonk Wrote: Before taking the machine home, make sure it say AutoSet (Not Escape or Escape Auto) next to start button as shown here
apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Ask them to include the humidifier cleanable tub (comes apart and easier to clean) sometimes its an optional extra

The S9 Autoset is an awesome machine to treat obstructive apnea but it does nothing to central apnea
If you never had a sleep study since 1996 which is some 16 years ago
You need a new sleep study not just a titration to rule out other sleep issues

Thanks for info, I'll make sure it is an AutoSet before I leave with it. I'm sure it will be, because they had an Escape Auto in stock, fully understand the differences between it and AutoSet.

Exact quote from doc's prescription "Release auto PAP to pt. ResMed S9 AutoSet APAP Full Data Capable - H5i heated humidifier w climate control, climateline heated hose, washable water tub, nasal pillow of choice". He wrote it exactly how I asked him too, which I had copied from this website.

I'll talk to them about new study instead of just titration.

Thanks,
Tripntx

BTW, just downloaded ResScan 3.16 software, can't wait to try it out with my new machine.
TX Gulf Coast
ResMed S9 AutoSet
Swift FX medium pillows
pressure auto 6-10
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2012, 05:48 PM)tripntx Wrote: They had Encore Auto in stock, but not the AutoSet. They made a couple of calls, and informed me my new AutoSet will be here either this Friday or next Monday.

Do you mean they had the Escape Auto in stock?

Do not accept delivery of that inferior machine. Make sure you get the S9 AutoSet.

The S9 AutoSet is a fully data-capable machine. That other machine will give you some data but not the full story.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2012, 08:32 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Do you mean they had the Escape Auto in stock?

Do not accept delivery of that inferior machine. Make sure you get the S9 AutoSet.

The S9 AutoSet is a fully data-capable machine. That other machine will give you some data but not the full story.

Yes, they had the Escape Auto in stock and didn't try to pawn it off on me once they read the prescription. They made a special order for the AutoSet. I will not except a Escape because I want a full datalogger, not a usage monitor.
TX Gulf Coast
ResMed S9 AutoSet
Swift FX medium pillows
pressure auto 6-10
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2012, 08:29 PM)tripntx Wrote: BTW, just downloaded ResScan 3.16 software, can't wait to try it out with my new machine.
There some information about ResScan charts in "Private Files and Links" forum.
The link to the S9 setup also include introduction (ResScan Basic) video (scroll down - last video)

ResScan tutorial
http://www.apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

S9 Data Management Guide
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

FYI: S9 series specification and comparison
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
Went for my re-titration Thursday night, they had received the S9 AutoSet (not Escape) that afternoon, which means it was overnighted Wednesday. AutoSet and new Swift FX as given to me Friday morning (this morning) when I left. Overnight titration went fine. Haven't seen report, they simply said min should be set at 6 with max at 10. I actually enjoyed going to this clinic because they provided me with the equipment I wanted as well as a overnight titration. Will try out my new S9 AutoSet in another hour....
TX Gulf Coast
ResMed S9 AutoSet
Swift FX medium pillows
pressure auto 6-10
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine and Sleep-well
Swift Fx
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/swift_...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 189 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 679 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,584 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,741 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,705 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.