Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum
New to forum
Hi Everyone!

New to forum and have been using my cpap since October 2021 on my own.  Was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and insurance would not cover anything so I bought my own and have been experimenting since then.  I've gotten good a using the machine and adjusting and experimenting in clinical settings but am just starting to upload data to OSCAR and am not sure what it's telling me?  I do know since October my wife says I no longer snore!  So that's a success!  But not sure if I need adjustments based on my data?  I tried to upload my data.  I hope I did it right.  Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,

Chad Timmons

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to forum
Welcome to Apnea board. You have a very good machine, and are getting pretty darn good results, but now we want to make it comfortable. Your minimum pressure is 4.0 and you are using EPR at 3. Your pressure varies widely, and EPR is not fully effective until pressure reaches 7.0 which makes the exhale pressure 4.0 (7.0/4.0). To give you much more consistent therapy, we want to set the minimum pressure to 7.0, maximum pressure 10.0 and EPR full-time at 3. This is gong to not only resolve more events, but will make the pressure swings much less disruptive to your sleep. Give it a try, and let's see if you feel better with that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the quick reply and knowledge!  I am adjusting the settings you recommended tonight!  I really appreciate it and will update soon!

Chad Timmons
Post Reply Post Reply

So here are my second set of data.  I've waited a while to post to get a good set of data since making the changes from my first post and set of recommendations. I still don't feel much rested after sleeping but I no longer which is good!  So I'm considering my cpap journey a success so far.  Does my data look like it has improved since the changes I made based on your recommendations.  

My data is attached.  Thanks for any advice!  This is such a helpful forum!

Chad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 348 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 226 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 728 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,628 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,779 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 519 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,999 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.