Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum - Huge AHI numbers!
RE: New to forum - Huge AHI numbers!
We'd like to see a screenshot of a SleepyHead report. Pick a day that has a high AHI reading and post that.

The AHI numbers are one thing but they are not worth much without things like pressure, leak rate, etc.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...13#pid3213
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was wrong about the model of the S9...it is a VPAP Auto.

Also, I will study up on how to post a screenshot. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this is what you need. Trying to figure out how sleepyhead orders the graphs.

Also, my S9 is in "S" mode. And the AHI matches what was on the machine last night.

thanks,

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigMike,
What we need is a screenshot of the Daily Page.
Include the Following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, leak rate. Also include the stats on the left: You can get rid of Calendar to make everything fit better.
Also, can get rid of right side bar.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for trying to help OpalRose but I reached the attachment limit. I will try again some other day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigMike, those numbers do look scary!

Once you get 8 posts up, you can link to image files on external servers such as PhotoBucket and Imgur. The permission doesn't occur instantly - it has to wait for a batch process to run - but within a few hours you'll be able to give us a lot more detail, which will help us understand what's happening.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2016, 08:30 AM)BigMike Wrote: Thanks for trying to help OpalRose but I reached the attachment limit. I will try again some other day.

Your very welcome.
Your almost at 8 posts, and as DeepBreathing stated, use one of external servers to upload. I believe Paula gave you some links for instruction.
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here it is I think...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2016, 11:36 AM)BigMike Wrote: Here it is I think...

That was your 8th post. Simply try again.

As DeepBreathing wrote, a short time after your 8th post the forum software will allow a new member to post links.

You should ask for copies of your prescription and both sleep tests. Make sure you ask for (and receive) the full reports, including some plotted data, not just a page with written summary or recommendations. Usually 3 or more pages in all.

If you choose to post the sleep reports, be sure to black out any personal information like names and addresses, birth dates, social security numbers, etc.

By the way, the VPAP Auto is a very capable premium bi-level auto-titrating machine. I suggest looking at the full reports of your sleep tests before making changes in the settings.

Your recent degradation in AHI may have been caused by change in sleep position, change in diet, change in medications (prescription or nonprescription) or some other change.

I suspect your sleepy doctor never looked at your mmachine's data and was unaware how bad things had gotten.

He should have downloaded and checked the data from your machine instead of looking only at sleep reports. You probably should consider finding a more engaged sleep doctor.

If your doctor was aware of how bad your AHI is (as reported by your machine), I suggest you should not only get a new sleep doctor but should also consider reporting him to your insurance company and state licencing board as negligent.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: JEu4ODKl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 115 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 376 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 603 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.