Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum and to data analysis
RE: New to forum and to data analysis
Data from the first evening with new Autosense 10 autoset unit.

Overall ahi is lower but there are some periods of high AHI.
She definitely felt like she a the best sleep for quite a while.

She used the same nasal mask that she has been using. She will try the new N30 mask tonight.

two more pages of charts for same day.

There are more charts with this machine. Is there a preferred order of charts to show which reduces screenshots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This is what we normally want.  If other charts are needed someone will ask to see those.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your min pressure should be set to 7 to go with the EPR which is set to 3. This allows for better treatment of hypopneas, Flow Limits, RERAs, UARS, and Obstructive Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
This makes sense. We tried min=7 before and she was not sleeping very well at all.
Now with the new machine, I set min to 7 but also set Ramp to Auto with a starting pressure of 4. So if I understand it, then while she is still awake the ramp will start at 4 and work its way up until she falls asleep or gets very close. Then the min of 7 will be in place while she is asleep.

She does have difficulty is falling asleep to begin with and the higher pressure seems to make it worse.

We will have some results tomorrow. Thank you very much for reviewing these charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
If she really needs the ramp, ok but the entire time the ramp is running there is really no therapy happening.  Most people here do not use the ramp.  The EPR actually brings down the pressure unless she needs it and I don't think she will notice a difference.  But do whatever will enable her to get to sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
We changed pressure min to 7 and set ramp on with starting pressure of 4. It does not appear that it stayed very long at 4 as the ramp got it up there pretty quick. She slept good or I should say her normal good.
I see the Clear Airway count is higher but others look good.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was best AHI count she has had in a long time. No changes to the settings but she did try the new N30i mask. She says she did not think she slept that well. She noticed leaks. The charts certainly show short periods of very high leak rates. But overall the event count is down. The CA's primarily went down.
She is going to try the mask again to see if she gets used to it because the numbers look so good.

Post Reply Post Reply
The next night shows another improvement in AHI. The CA's went way down.
This night and the prior she had the new nasal mask - N30i on. She is not liking it. Each morning she has issues with major leaks.

We are guessing at this point that the improvements in AHI are based on the setting changes and not the mask. She is returning to her Phillips Wisk Nasal mask for tonight.
Having looked at her data from the prior machine and seeing back a year of summary - She has never been this low in AHI before.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's terrific progress!

CAs can be quite inconsistent, so don't be surprised if they go up and down. I suspect the remaining OAs are telling us she would benefit from a higher minimum pressure, but if she is sleeping more comfortably now, I would not recommend changing the settings right away. Let her settle in with them, then maybe start inching the minimum up. (You can go up by increments of .2.)

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered: do we know whether she is having mask leaks vs mouth leaks? I'm suspecting mouth leaks, but it's pretty hard to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Her old mask is "old" and has been leaking. The new mask style is pushing away and leaking a lot when it does. She is using a Nasal mask because she is very claustrophobic with the full mask. We think she is leaking out the mouth but we think the new large leaks are the new mask slipping off.

She was using the min pressure of 4 for 6 years and when I changed it to 7 she was uncomfortable with it. So now that the Ramp min is 4 and the auto setting seems to run it up to 7 pretty quickly she is getting used to it. After reading many threads on Ramp it is apparent that it can be effective for people to get used to having a higher therapy pressure. Over time we will look at raising the min on the ramp and eventually turning it off. But we will watch it regularly.
I may repeat myself a lot - but this forum is awesome and has been invaluable to us. Thank you all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,397 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.