Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum and to data analysis
RE: New to forum and to data analysis

Oscar reports. I did F12 for top of page (page 1) and bottom of key charts page (page 2) for Sept 11, 12, and 13 data.
I changed the min pressure from 4 to 7 on Sunday, but it shows that the Saturday night data was set at 7. I don't understand that. I included Sept 11 just because it had the min pressure at 4.

And here is Sept 12.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Adding Sept 11 also. But Sept 12 should have been min pressure of 4.

My wife did not sleep very well on Sept. 13 with the min pressure of 7. It was very different to her and she kept waking up. No changes for tonight as we want to see if she doesn't get used to the new setting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
EPR and pressure fluctuations induce more central events (CA). Since most of her events are CA I suggest an increase in minimum pressure to 8 and reduction in EPR to 1. This will be a balancing act to get the right EPR and pressure settings so be sure to post data if you make these changes.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
After a period of experimentation, you may find that you may need an upgrade to a bi-pap or ASV device to control centrals and achieve the therapy you desire. So it may be helpful to know that there are therapy steps beyond your machine's capability.

Keep the faith.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting info. I did see the CA's a bit high compared to other folks comments of where they want to be. At this point I changed the min pressure back to 4 for this evening. This is a test to see if she is more comfortable and waking up less - at least like before.

As for a different machine that is intriguing as we are going in to a sleep doctor next Monday to talk about a new machine. I think they already have it as a Resmed 10. I don't know which model and I was going to ask how he knew which one it should be if he has not seen the data yet. I'll bring in the SD card and also a few print outs from the ResScan software. I certainly want to learn enough quickly that I can ask the appropriate questions regarding which new machine to get.

We are now on Medicare, so I guess we have to rent for a while before it becomes ours. I wonder if it would be best just to buy my own machine and get supplies from medicare. This is another thread I'm sure and I have not searched this avenue  yet on the forum.

Thank you for anything more you can suggest regarding new machine options and I would think that this doctor would want to change some settings on this current machine to get a feel for what the new machine should be capable of.
Post Reply Post Reply
By virtue of having EPR = 3 her EPAP is 4 cmw.
A ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV would resolve her central and obstructive apnea. This is a BiLevel
for CPAP a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her is best
for BiLevel the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, this allows a greater range and smaller adjustments than the AutoSet
Post Reply Post Reply
She took a nap today with APAP and with the min pressure back to 4 she indicated that she slept pretty good. I'll pull the report after this evening to see what it looks like.

Thanks for the description of different Resmed devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought are you guys at altitude as your location shows Colorado ? As that can cause the CA’s you are seeing but conversely they could be caused by disrupted sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
yes we are at 7500 ft.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, good question, jaswilliams! A2wheelerte, when you go in to see the sleep doctor, do bring up altitude.

It'd be good to bring up ASV as well. The obstructive index is still too high, but raising pressure to bring it down risks increasing CAs. Be aware that ASV machines can take some getting used to, as they will force a breath if they detect too long a pause in breathing. Still, people do get used to them, and they can make all the difference in getting restful sleep. If she can trial one, that would be ideal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,397 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.