Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum and to data analysis
RE: New to forum and to data analysis
(10-05-2020, 11:29 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Two questions:  did you and your wife ever discuss your high altitude with the doctor?  And in your wife's original sleep study, what was the breakdown in her AHI (OAs, CAs, Hs)?  If you don't have a copy, you can request one; in the U.S. you have a right to a copy.

Attached is her sleep study. This was done with an at home kit, so it is at our current 7500 ft altitude.

We are still in search of a doctor to talk to. She was at a Pulmonary clinic getting a Pulmonary function tests (PFT) , she goes in soon for a meeting with the doctor who also does sleep study analysis. We will see if we can get him to review her results.

Attached Files
.pdf   Sleep study results.pdf (Size: 280.75 KB / Downloads: 7)
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a recording oximeter?  
That is a diagnostic sleep study with 288 minutes of Oxygen less than 88%.  That is the worst O2 Sat that I have seen based on duration.  I could care less about lows because they are typically spikes.  These levels say supplemental oxygen is needed without CPAP.
O2 Sats while sleeping are typically lower than daytime values.  
IMHO with those values you should periodically check your overnight levels to make sure they are higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be great if you could record a few nights of O2 before the doctor visit. I also hope the doctor will pursue the question of nighttime O2 sats, whether or not you have any data to present.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't have anything to record oximeter. We do have oximeter that goes on your finger. We would need to buy from amazon I suppose. I see some watches with finger sensor for $100-$150 .
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you spot check Nighttime O2 levels. As bad as it was even that should give you an idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see me attempting to put an oximeter on her finger once or twice throughout the evening. I assume it is a better reading if she is asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need sleep reading as it is lower than awake reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2020, 12:01 PM)a2wheelerte Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 11:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Limit pressure to 8.0, or consider fixed pressure at 8.0/7.0 with EPR 1.  Since her minimum pressure is already 8, just set the maximum pressure at 8.0 as well.

I will set the max to 8.0, leave EPR at 1. I do see that the pressure was at 10-11 a lot, thus the Exhale pressure was 9.
Do you think that the pressure being alllowed to go higher is cause of CA's.
I can also see that running this simply as a test for results will give more information. I'm guessing that the OA's will go up a little but possibly get the CA's down.

Thanks for the quick response.

We're dealing with someone sensitive to pressure changes and higher pressure in general.  We have successfully coached members to use fixed pressure to remove variables that allow us to establish a better baseline for events, reduce sleep disruption, and reduce the CA events that seem to go along with them.  If I thought it might compromise her therapy, I would not suggest it.  My objective is to improve comfort and to move closer to efficacy, and sometimes that means not relying on the Autoset algorithm that is very sensitive to flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for the feedback. We are seeing improvements and even think we understand what is happening a little bit. Your recommendations are making sense. We are anxious to see the results tomorrow with min and max set to 8 with EPR at 1. Still have the ramp on with starting pressure of 6.
Post Reply Post Reply
O2 was 91 before she went to bed, and 90 about 1:30am . But she did wake up during the test.

Attached are the results of the Max of 8 being put on. I see RERA's that I have not seen before.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 591 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 544 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,821 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 180 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 265 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 339 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 176 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.