Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum and to data analysis
RE: New to forum and to data analysis
She has not liked the nasal pillows. Tried the resmed N30i type head gear also. lots of leaks because she sleeps on her side. She is comfortable with the nasal mask, just need to get it fitted.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fit my masks by holding them to my face with no straps finding the loose fit, not squished to the face point, then add and tighten the mask to achieve the same feel as my hand holding. That has always gotten me a good seal.

Until I went to the P10 pillow mask my goto for many years was the ResMed Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask, it has a bellows which allows a lot of movement and I found it worked well when I slept on my side. It is an 'Old School' mask meaning big and bulky by today's nasal mask standards.
Post Reply Post Reply
a late post because we had a problem with no data on Oct 10. I possibly did not get the sd disk installed properly when I put it back in on Oct 9. But I have Oct 11 data and it applied the summary data of Oct 10 to the disk also.
So AHI was high on Oct 10 and it was mostly CA's. Oct 11 looks like a good night but did have some large leaks.
She indicates that she wants to leave everything alone for a while so she can get used to it before we change again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
She caught some sort of bug and has not felt well for couple of days. Last night she felt better but still notes she is not sleeping that well.

Bonjour, you mentioned in another thread about CA's and CSR's . A pattern shows up but it could be CO2 washout also. I included a couple of zoon ins at different times during CA clusters.  She did not have a CSR flagged, so I wondering if this was confirmation of CO2 washout.

Post Reply Post Reply
I did notice that the zoomed period I provides was during the period she just got back into bed and trying to sleep again. So I took another zoom period a little later where there was another cluster of CA's.

Post Reply Post Reply
That is a pattern that is typical of CO2 changes.
I cant dig into history right now but try turning off EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
We turned EPR off. She indicated the sleep was not as bad as it has been. Still lots of leaks but CA's are lower.
We ordered a new Nasal Pillow headgear. This one is with hose in front - Philips Respironics Nuance Gel Nasal Pillow mask. It appears to be more adjustable than the Resmed P10. We have to wait on the mail.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing that a drop of the min/max pressure from 8.4 to 8.2 would help reduce CA's and not hurt for others.
Also I see an increase in time it took for her to go to sleep and the ramp up to complete. Without the EPR during ramp things were different for her. We are going to let this remain as is for a while to see if she gets used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Made no changes to settings or mask. Leaks went down. But apneas up. I included the view of the 1st 5 hours. Her second sleep session after getting up  for bathroom continues to be full of CA's. They are not so prevalent in the 1st session.

Post Reply Post Reply
Things look much better this morning. Two items have changed - she is not as sick, and she did not notice any mask leaks. She did describe that in the past few nights she wakes up when the leak makes noise or blows i her face.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 588 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 543 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,820 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 180 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 339 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 176 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.