Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum and to data analysis
RE: New to forum and to data analysis
She has been getting used to the new Pillows mask and leaks are way down. I continued to see many Hypopneas With the CA's not being too high I went ahead and set the max pressure to 9.2, the min is still at 8.4 . Also turned off the ramp. She has been this way for a few days. CA's have not gone up that I can see. The overall AHI is staying lower now. Certainly could be that a lower max is better.
Also, you may remember her original sleep study had a low oxygen report. I purchased a CMS50F and ran it a couple of nights. I included a document with the basic report. It looks pretty good, so I don't think we need to worry about oxygen levels.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.docx   Oximeter report.docx (Size: 90.66 KB / Downloads: 2)
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night shows how the CA's continue to be sporadic. I am still of the believe that an AVS machine will be the overall solution for her. I'm hoping that we can let the current machine give us some good reports on what is happening at various settings. I will bring the max pressure down to 8.8 and see what we get over a few days at that level. We then can go down in pressure min and max to 8.2 and give that a try for a while. That would be following the suggestion that pillows normally do well with a little less pressure than the nasal. I do appreciate the help everyone is providing. I'm wanting to go into this next sleep study with information that shows (we already tried that). And the reports show that this machine can't solve all the issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
A2wheelerte, as your in Colorado are you at altitude ? And was the sleep study at altitude as altitude can cause CA’s
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, we are at 7500  ft. That is one reason I got the oximeter so we could get some accurate measurements in her own bed. We will be pointing out the altitude for the sleep study. The sleep study will be done in town - about 6100 ft, and things do act a little weird at this higher altitude.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally something new to report. We did play with higher pressures to see what happens. And we ended up eventually coming back to min and max set to 8.4 .
Big news is we traveled to Indiana and was able to spend a few nights at 1000 ft elevation. I ran the oximeter and from 1000 ft elevation (in Indiana). Certainly the numbers look better than at the higher 7500 ft elevation. Basically 96 – 94SP O2 % at lower elevation. At the higher 7500ft we see 92 – 90 and 93 – 91. These reports are in the attachment.

I did not really see any difference in the CPAP reports. Still see mostly CA’s. I did try to reduce the pressure at that elevation and no real change in AHI.
Had reduced min and max to 8.0 . No real change, but after we came back to Colorado, the OA's were up so I changed to 8.2 fixed pressure. Looks a little better than the 8.4 she was using.

The big question is - do you think the elevation makes much difference in her case or is an ASV machine a first thing to try. Oh by the way, we were in Indiana looking at houses to buy. We do like the area but I don't think the elevation is the only reason we should use to move.

Her new sleep study is not until 1st week of January. Still waiting and I hope to talk to a doctor before the study so I can share the findings in Oscar reports.

Attached Files
.docx   Oximetry summary reports elevation.docx (Size: 96.66 KB / Downloads: 4)
Post Reply Post Reply
My non-medical opinion is first high elevation pulse/oxy stats were "bad"-ish, 2nd was not as bad but still bad, 3rd a low el. dropped bad stuff to much better into tolerable to good range contingent on patient's statement of better for the change or not if that makes sense.

If I can get my cranky pulse/oxy report to work with me, I can post a stat screenshot of my own recent Contec CMS50F use file data for comparison. I'm former ASV and currently no apnea treatment whilst I await a doctor with a spine to script me a big gun ResMed Astral 150 INV/ventilator, as I have had COPD as co-disease to my lungs with Complex Apnea.

As for ASV for your case, it depends on whether you can buy it yourself or insurance and doc must agree...And if you'll respond to ASV to handle the CAs. ASV will tackle these CA if at all possible, but I think the sticky point is if these are CA that respond to an ASV. Makes sense hopefully? I think the sticky is if it's all altitude based, Maybe the ASV doesn't do what we hope. just a maybe...

Here's a shot of my pulse/oxy from I think the first usage of my new CMS50F on 12/14 for it appears as about 21 hours for me...BTW my report was via Windows Snip tool on a report from my free SpO2 Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1
[attachment=28777]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first night at low altitude she could not sleep at all. She complained that the pressure way to high. It was 8.4 min and max. so I reduced the min to 6 and let it find a happy place. Those 2 reports are attached.
Still looked like too much pressure, so I changed the next day to 8.0 min and max.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that Oximetry report. I see that I did the summary report which did not have the distribution of events. Here is the same days but the Oximetry report.

Attached Files
.docx   Oximetry report elevation.docx (Size: 106.69 KB / Downloads: 1)
Post Reply Post Reply
I say if the nasty OSCAR chart is one the "feels comfortable" and gives tolerable or better sleep and rest, close your eyes to the OSCAR report stats and run it that 6/8.4 setting.

Realistically the OSCAR chart looks horrendous, but again emphasize sleep comfort and rested feeling. Was it good or improved? OK then again, cover the eyes or don't look at OSCAR and run with it.

Will a regular BPAP like VAuto help? My opinion is NO. The CA presented here may likely be worse on BPAP without backup rate, hence meaning ASV that is BPAP and with backup rate. Standard BPAP even VAuto I think will be a trainwreck of CA. Admitted the Trigger setting of High or Very High has helped those that don't qualify for or really need ASV, but here...??

ASV may help or it may not. Sorry for the weather forecast like info but if you'd try ASV and it works then it was/is a good idea, but if it turns out trainwreck then it was a bad idea...akin to if you go outside and get wet you should'a put on a raincoat...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS yep see it now, guess my post of mine is 12 and your route on second try was a dozen, both got there in the end

your shot 2 adds in SpO2/Event count and the Below/Time % stats to the right now, just adds to a No offense but I don't want to visit your town, my stats are worse comparing to any worse/bad/OK of yours, Maybe if I'd visit your area I'd vacation in hospital...doesn't sound appealing

I digress down rabbit holes at times...your call on pressure edits, if it helped on low range no prob with me, as I said maybe pay little attention to OSCAR nasties........

more questions and posting of whatever charts OK at any time, hope what I say helps...happy holidays up on the hill

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,395 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 265 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.