Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum..help needed
New to forum..help needed
I have been on a Resmed 10 with humidifier, wisp nasal mask, thinline hose since June this year. I at 45 AHI, so severe Apnea. they set my range to 6-10, EPR to 2, no ramp. I was doing good up until late August. I started to have nights sweats, headaches, daytime sleepiness, having to take naps and nightmares again like the symptoms before I started treatment. I am 37 and in decent health. The machine states that I have .1-.5 apneas. Went to dr and of course he said the machine show u are fine. So roughly 3 months now of fighting with this. Sleep is just a battle. I have changed my auto range to 9-14 since I was at the max every night at 10 back in mid October& that seemed to help but still have the mentioned symptoms above. I have been in the clinical setting and found the EPR settings. I have used the device every night since I got it in June.
I need some advice as where to start since my DR is treating the machine not the patient. Thanks,
Brian

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to forum..help needed
Welcome. Can you post a SleepyHead screenshot of one of your recent nights when you had a bad night? I'm wondering if we might see some things that aren't part of the AHI but could be contributing to the problems you're having. Below is a sample of a SleepyHead report with the graphs we want to see: Event flags, flow rate, pressure, flow limit, leak and snore. Also include the info on the left (don't really need the calendar).

[Image: sample_zps188430d8.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bjzman100,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
P.S. It might be time to go doc shopping if the one you are seeing now is only concerned about the machine, rather than the patient using the machine.
Good luck to you with this situation.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bjzman100! Out of interest, I run hot and sometimes enjoy a siesta.

I am no expert, but is your machine not capable of changing the pressure between 4 and 20? I wonder why they have set it so low? Again, this is new to me, but it looks like an increase in the upper pressure might be in order? My average pressure is around 9.

See what those with more experience have to say . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 01:14 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: Hi bjzman100! Out of interest, I run hot and sometimes enjoy a siesta.

I am no expert, but is your machine not capable of changing the pressure between 4 and 20? I wonder why they have set it so low? Again, this is new to me, but it looks like an increase in the upper pressure might be in order? My average pressure is around 9.

Increasing the max pressure may not be warranted. First we need to see where the pressure has been going with the 9-14 settings. That's why I'm asking for a SleepyHead screenshot. If flow limitations and snores are causing the pressure line to bump along the max setting of 14, then an increase in max pressure would make sense. Otherwise, it might not be a good idea to increase max pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 03:12 AM)kaiasgram Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 01:14 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: Hi bjzman100! Out of interest, I run hot and sometimes enjoy a siesta.

Increasing the max pressure may not be warranted. First we need to see where the pressure has been going with the 9-14 settings. That's why I'm asking for a SleepyHead screenshot. If flow limitations and snores are causing the pressure line to bump along the max setting of 14, then an increase in max pressure would make sense. Otherwise, it might not be a good idea to increase max pressure.

So for the past month since changing average pressure 11.8. When I check the machine for the past week, it is 13.2. I do not have any software to use. I will look at getting sleepyhead so I can post results.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bjzman100 and welcome to ApneaBoard! Glad you found us!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is from Saturday. I changed the EPR setting from 2 to 1 after the post last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 11:38 PM)bjzman100 Wrote: I was doing good up until late August.

Anything significant happen in your life at that time?

Quote:The machine states that I have .1-.5 apneas.

That is awesome!

Quote:I have changed my auto range to 9-14 since I was at the max every night at 10 back in mid October& that seemed to help but still have the mentioned symptoms above.

What is your AHI since you made that change? Please change your profile to indicate that you have the ResMed A10 Autoset, if that is what you have.

I think it's time you look into finding a different doctor. For example, you could be experiencing flow limitations that are causing you to waken, but those don't show up in your AHI. They can be treated with higher pressure, but you want to be careful doing that because it could raise your CA index.

Do you see anything in SH that could account for the change in late August?

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 07:36 AM)bjzman100 Wrote: This is from Saturday. I changed the EPR setting from 2 to 1 after the post last night.

What were the values of the three indices that add up to the AHI?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,517 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.