Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum looking for help
New to forum looking for help
I'm new to this forum and I just installed Oscar.  I've been on Bipap or CPAP for 10 years including 3l of oxygen.  My AHI is normally <1 and once or twice a week week it's 0.  According to the dreamstation I'm usually 100% leak free.  However, every day I get up feeling like i got run over by a Mack truck.  Headache is horrible and sometimes lasts all day.  I've been telling my doctor for years and his reply is always how good my AHI is.  i know there has to be more to feeling good than just the AHI.  I'm really hoping that help from forum members & Oscar I can figure out why I feel so bad with such good numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to forum looking for help
Welcome! It's great that you've installed Oscar. Once you've imported your data from the card in your machine, please format and post a daily chart so the experts can take a look. Here's a link to help you with formatting and posting:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board bigjeff218.

"The AHI is fine" thing is a docs knee jerk response, but doesn't address all things apnea and sleep related as you can see in yourself. As suggested, use OSCAR to import data from your SD card and post up a Daily chart in standard order. If you've got your sleep study, post a redacted version. I'm referring to a multi-page detailed version, not a summary. Even if you'd rather not post it, get a copy regardless for your personal records. Get a copy of your xPAP script also. Legally, you can obtain these from issuing doc.

Edited to make more sense.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much  I'll start this today.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2019, 12:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome to Apnea Board bigjeff218.

"The AHI is fine" thing is a docs knee jerk response, but doesn't address all things apnea and sleep related as you can see in yourself. As suggested, use OSCAR to import data from your SD card and post up a Daily chart in standard order. If you've got your sleep study, post a redacted version. I'm referring to a multi-page detailed version, not a summary. Even if you'd rather not post it, get a copy regardless for your personal records. Get a copy of your xPAP script also. Legally, you can obtain these from issuing doc.

Edited to make more sense.

sorry for all the shots.  This is my first screen shot post.  How do I make it smaller so more of the report can be viewed?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18437]

Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart is showing snoring all night long. All those red ticks are snores. You will need to post a few 2 minute zoomed screenshots so we can look at your flow rate waveform breath by breath. Just use the up and down arrows or use your touchpad by pinching in and out. With all those snores I’m surprised there aren’t any ticks in flow limitations. 

Post those screenshots and let’s have a look
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Osiris357.

VS2 snores are not real snores in fact they are better turned off, they do not drive pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
He is concerned about feeling bad. I didn’t find the reason till I zoomed in on my own waveform and found flow limited breathing that didn’t meet the criteria for flow limitations. Once I found that and wore a soft cervical collar they’ve but vanished and I feel great
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Mostly, we ask users to click off VS2, it'll clean up the chart.

There's gotta be some thing disrupting sleep. Try zooming in a bit and screenshot that. Zoom in = left click while pointing at flow rate; zoom out is right click same area.

Within OSCAR daily, there's a border that separates each data segment. Hover over that, grab and squash each chart a bit. More fits on screenshots then.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed the post and posted the single attachment separate from your quote of SarcastcDave.

I agree with the others that we may need to look at a random 2 minute segment of the flow rate to understand what is going on. Your respiration rate is showing up as 19 to 50 BPM which to me suggests there is a lot of irregular waves in the flow rate. Your minute vent is off the charts huge at over 14 L/min which infers a tidal volume (we can't see it) of over 1300 mL. Your pressure is set to 20.0/14.0 which is a pressure support of 6 cm. From what I'm seeing here, you are over-titrated to high pressure and pressure support. We are going to probably cut things back and then find out why you have noises that are being interpreted as snores.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 376 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 240 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 742 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,651 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,796 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 524 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 8,068 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.