Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Possible Issue? Using a lot more water than before 3-5x
RE: Possible Issue? Using a lot more water than before 3-5x
True indeed. What I was doing when it wasn't using much water was filling to a lower level, ie just to the first line. Now I fill to the max line each day

Thanks

S
Post Reply Post Reply
I fill mine to the max line every night. I use a heated hose on auto now and some mornings I’ll have just a little sloshing around on the bottom if I sleep for 8 hours and other times it’ll be at the first line. The ClimateLine really does do a good job of compensating for the conditions in the room from night to night. Now if there is a constant leak that changes things. If I sleep for 5 hours and wake up to just a little sloshing around I’ll know I had a significant leak for a while during the night without looking at Oscar first. 

As you can see there are many variables when it comes to water consumption.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
It will use more if you are breathing through your mouth.

It will use more if the weather changes.

It will use more if the air is dryer.

It will use more just because.

And, last but not least, it will use more if the aliens mess with the settings. Which they like to do.

Some nights, I don't last the night with a full tub. Other nights, it seems to be the same amount I started the night with.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know that apparently I'm not the only one who can't figure out why it goes thru more water some nights than others. 

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I gave up trying to make any sense of it. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here. I just shake my head and go on.

The only possible correlation between treatment efficiency and humidifier water usage would be leaks. Other than that, it is all enviromental and/or sheer chance.

Or aliens.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup I have let it go too. It does not seem correlated with leaks as on some low leak days it uses lots of water and the next day with higher leaks less consumption of water.

Ohh well!

S
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 15 1 hour ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,410 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 94 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,808 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,373 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.