Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to forum, not to apnea, but still need help with some basics, is there a primer?
RE: New to forum, not to apnea, but still need help with some basics, is there a primer?
What is rainout. And what does thyroid level do if they are I guess off because that has never been mentioned to me before. And 1st night back home changed EPR setting in this machine to match other one and this morning I had a green smillie face for leaks and AHI 1.9 have not read card yet to see all the info but will later.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to forum, not to apnea, but still need help with some basics, is there a primer?
(09-10-2012, 06:36 AM)jimco1 Wrote: What is rainout. And what does thyroid level do if they are I guess off because that has never been mentioned to me before. And 1st night back home changed EPR setting in this machine to match other one and this morning I had a green smillie face for leaks and AHI 1.9 have not read card yet to see all the info but will later.

"Rainout" means moisture has condensed inside the hose to the point where it becomes a problem. Most people recommend having the machine lower than your head so that if rainout occurs the water will run back into the humidifier. Some have successfully dealt with it by using a fabric sleeve over the hose to keep it warmer. There are also newer machines out there that can be used with heated hoses. You can also get relief by modifying your humidifier settings. And some of us never experience it at all. If it's not a problem for you, don't worry about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
No one has ever mentioned or checked your thyroid levels? For fudge sake.

Low thyroid can create all sorts of issues, one of which is the feeling of being tired all the time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism

Not saying that is the problem but it never hurts to look.

And yes, what JJJ said about rainout. If the room temp is less than the temp of the air in the hose, condensation forms inside the hose. If the machine is lower than the bed (and there's no hanging loop for the water to collect), this moisture is not a problem. Other wise, once enough water collects it starts making noise, a kind of gurgling sound. The acoustics of the hose makes it louder. If you do not use the humidifier or you have a warm bedroom in the winter (when the air is drier so you use the humidifier), then it isn't an issue.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard this noise before thought I just put 2 much water in machine so I just ordered a tube for both machines.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Help to validate my understanding of the basics of CPAP Albatros 6 514 04-22-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.