Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to me, ASV, Initial Questions
RE: New to me, ASV, Initial Questions
Yep, those timing controls and the set RR are what I imagine are going to feel as good as the ASV's more natural management aid to my what I felt was missing during those long hours in the night observing what I was lacking. Regular breaths and augmented breaths in and out to my liking.

The closer to "healthy respiration" we can get has to be good. and the rest will sort themselves out from there.

Yes, thanks for the reminders. This isn't about making a case to get a certain machine as it is helping the DR. to understand how I feel and know what I may require.
Post Reply Post Reply
Always appreciate your extended and pertinent feedback SleepRider!

I'll be working on obtaining the Resmed ST-A and will report back, perhaps on a new thread?

It sounds like it provides the missing pieces for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW take a look at this ResMed PDF on RAD and see if you can glean supporting data for the ST-A. I just found it for myself on my personal pursuit of the ST-A as well.

https://document.resmed.com/documents/ar...elines.pdf
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's an excellent find Dave, S/B valuable to document and or provide terminology that supports trail and ultimate purchase.

Hope this moves you forward quicker as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks and keep us updated.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So Will do, and you take care,

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the new Remed Aircurve ST-A which I have yet to read up on enough to begin using, however, due to a sudden, semi intermittent, malfunction of the on/off power switch at the top of my ASV machine (the ASV switch/led assembly under the plastic switch cap piece has somehow been pushed down and misses direct contact with the top switch cover piece it sits under) I need to quickly test and confirm a usable mode and settings which approximates those of my ASV before pursuing the repair of the switch assembly.

What can you suggest about seeking a repair on the ASV switch if this is beyond my previous background as an E-Tech and or am prevented from further access required to fix? My DME is not connected to this machine in any way.

I had a great sleep last night which I have been waiting for before attempting the temporary or permanent use of the new machine which I know is a bit out of my league in terms of my current knowledge base. It has a lot more modes than anything I've seen yet so I'm excited to have it but want to ease into it so the changeover isn't too abrupt at first from the stable place I've been.

Perhaps you can point me in the right starting point direction with numbers and modes, even if it isn't ST-A off the bat which I could get by with and maintain similar sleep quality till I can move full bore to the ST-A mode which I'm sure might take me some time to get up to speed on?

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on getting the ST-A. Get your copy of the clinical manual for this above in the CPAP setup manual area.

Like myself, iVAPS mode is your likely new friend. I'll send you a copy of a PDF or its link later this eve on titration. You'll need to let the ST-A test you on I think it's tidal volume or you can do a manual set. It will not run iVAPS unless you do this. It'll run EPAP and PS similar to ASV so note your ASV setup numbers, maybe they'll be copy & paste.
Post Reply Post Reply
The on off switch on the top of the ASV just clips into position it is possible that it has just been pushed down into the machine. If you are practical its fairly easy to remove the screws and unclip the case once the case is removed check the location of the on/off switch here is a thread showing how it all fits together with a Video http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...em-Removal
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave,
I did the clinical from this site so have basic info and list of modes. Appreciate any help I can get on my new friend, and will look for the manual test it does before IVAPS ability as you suggest. Can you suggest a mode that might be most similar to what I am used to to plug in some ASV like numbers?

JasWilliams Your link will likely do it for me,, excellent, I'd thought the screws looked proprietary, this changes the equation. I'm sure I may be able to just bring it up to proper height once I get that Torx #10 driver.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 266 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 303 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 305 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 798 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.