Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to me
New to me
Thank you all in advance for any and all support. In short I am tired all the time. My PC Doc had me do a home test. He gave the results to the insurance to do a follow up sleep study and of course they turned it down. He then had to do a face to face call with the insurance Doc and got the approval. Did the sleep study two nites ago... The tech was very addiment about giving me any clue of the results. I did not get a mask during the sleep study. She also informed me that my insurance (Cigna) was the worst on giving approval for sleep apnea... Now I am waiting seven to ten business days for results. My question have any of you had similar experiences. I am so tired I can not drive home form work for afraid of falling asleep!! I am exhausted all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to me
yep pretty standard, you can push politely to move it along.
sleep cannot diagnose and will not tell you anything
sleep doc has to fill out a medical necessity form
once that is done it will get sent with prescription to a DME that provides the equipment AFTER they get approval from your insurance

Seems like every step is 7-10 days

Read up and get ready. push where you can, don't sit and wait. If they say they will get it done by the end of the day CALL THEM to make sure
sometimes following up with the insurance company will help. Let them know how badly you are sleeping and are concerned with losing your job. If you have any history of heart issues bring that up every time you talk to anyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gateway40,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Don't give up, just keep calling your insurance company 'till you get results.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Gateway40, welcome to Apnea Board.

Now is the time to become informed about which machine to buy:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ngle:Links

Don't let them pawn off on you a dumb brick of a machine.

I suggest asking the doctor to prescribe a pressure range, to ensure you get an auto-adjusting CPAP machine.

Good luck,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2016, 12:28 AM)vsheline Wrote: Now is the time to become informed about which machine to buy:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ngle:Links

For reference, the direct link to Archangle's "Machine Choices" article is here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.