Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the Forum
New to the Forum
I have been kinda stalking for awhile, thought i'd join in the conversations. This is a very informative forum and glad that I joined.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea a few years ago, been about 98% compliant but was still struggling to keep the CA's down. My doc suggested another sleep study and now I go back in a couple of weeks.
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the Forum
I'd rather you be lurking than stalking. But, lurkers don't get caps, so I guess that'll do. Good luck with your therapy.

If you want to become more involved in your own care, then learn to use some sort of software, even if it is EncoreBasic.

By the way, how do you know you are having trouble with CAs? Is your machine displaying the different types, or are you having your information read by doctor's staff or DME?

Welcome.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleeplurker,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you at your next sleep study, hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeplurker,
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the treatment and your next Sleep Study.

I am also curious as asked
quiescence Wrote:How do you know you are having trouble with CAs?
Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeplurker, welcome! The centrals are kind of a difficult problem, and I see you're using a BiPAP ST, so you should be seeing machine initiated breaths when you don't. It would be interesting to see your Sleepyhead data to see what's going on. If you need the software, or want to know how to post graphs, just let us know. I recently helped someone with complex apnea and a ASV go from over 10 AHI to less than one (tried to link but this site won't allow it). I'm still trying to figure out how we pulled that off, but it worked. Sometimes working together we get surprising results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you all sitting down..... contrary to what is written on the forums, I actually sat down face to face with my sleep doctor and we went over the summary and a few of the graphs. How cool is that!!!!

Here are some of the numbers:

total recording time 405.5 minutes
actual sleep time 206.0 minutes
Rem was 134 mintues
REM occupied 26.0% of TST
the remaing 74% of TST was light sleep
AHI severely elevated 33.5 events p/h predominantly central events
AHI in REM 14.6 events p/h consistently centrals
107 episodes of desaturation with a nadir of 81%
Using a ResMed VPAP Tx S7.... at 21cmH2O IPAP /' 16cmH2O EPAP is ineffective at controlling the disorder
limb movement indes elevated at 83.7
PLM index 19.2
PLM arousal index normal at 5.8
Arousal Index severely elevated 46.6

I understand some of it, but not all, anyway that's why i'll be going back for another study in a couple of weeks.
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a complex sleep apnea and some other issues. Was that without the machine?
Other health conditions and any drugs you are prescribed should have also been part of your discussion with the doctor, but at least you're getting personal attention and professional help with this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider thanks for the comments., hopefully i'll be able to get this under control with the help of the doctors and some insight from the members of the forum..
it's pretty frustrating to say the least.
Thanks......
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're on track to resolve this with your doctor, but keep in mind, most of us have found we needed to verify the efficacy of our treatment and get input from others. The best way to do this is to get the Sleepyhead software so you can see detail of your breathing, apneas, pressures, machine initiated breaths and many other aspects. The ability to participate in your treatment is an important part of your ultimate success.

Download SH software here: http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions
extract the files to your hard drive and create a shortcut on your desktop

Learn how to post graphs in full detail on the forum. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Good luck! We're here to help and support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,700 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.