Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board and using a bipap
RE: New to the board and using a bipap
I'm game for that if he is. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I am on a bipap is because my doc said was a cpap failure. I have an s9 that I received in 2011. My dentist "allowed me" to get a TAP and it messed up my jaw/TMJ. I tried going back to my cpap but I was struggling so I went to another sleep doctor. He said I should never been prescribed a TAP because I have severe apnea (130 in an hour). I also had some central apnea during my sleep test.

For now, I am going to go back to prescribed pressures. I will see what the data says after a week if I can tolerate it. Thank you for your help. Keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Disny, at the end of the day, the purpose of these devices is to aid you in getting better sleep. Please don't over-think this or get bullied by the professional just because they didn't come up with the final refinement. Get comfortable, sleep well and let them figure it out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I just had the worst two nights sleep after changing my setup. Last night, I woke with water all over my face at 3am in morning. Emailed my RT and said I am going back to my settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidity settings are a different problem. I think it's fine to return to a pressure that works better, but if you had condensation that is different settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 252 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,321 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 484 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,655 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 643 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.