Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board and using a bipap
I'm game for that if he is. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I am on a bipap is because my doc said was a cpap failure. I have an s9 that I received in 2011. My dentist "allowed me" to get a TAP and it messed up my jaw/TMJ. I tried going back to my cpap but I was struggling so I went to another sleep doctor. He said I should never been prescribed a TAP because I have severe apnea (130 in an hour). I also had some central apnea during my sleep test.

For now, I am going to go back to prescribed pressures. I will see what the data says after a week if I can tolerate it. Thank you for your help. Keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Disny, at the end of the day, the purpose of these devices is to aid you in getting better sleep. Please don't over-think this or get bullied by the professional just because they didn't come up with the final refinement. Get comfortable, sleep well and let them figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Good advice. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I just had the worst two nights sleep after changing my setup. Last night, I woke with water all over my face at 3am in morning. Emailed my RT and said I am going back to my settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidity settings are a different problem. I think it's fine to return to a pressure that works better, but if you had condensation that is different settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respironics System One BIPAP ST Jeanine 2 97 09-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleep Study Question-Regular Auto/Bipap bluemom51 4 130 09-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bluemom51
  Respironics System One BiPAP ST helpl jgoole 5 158 09-09-2017, 05:14 AM
Last Post: jgoole
  Need help choosing a BiPAP machine slarai 11 307 09-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BIPAP or ASV? jsielke 3 172 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM