Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board and using a cpap need suggestions
RE: New to the board and using a cpap need suggestions
Fitness life style,. I am getting things going now I have an amara view mask as well feels very comfy,.  I'm getting ready to hit the hay pretty soon so we will see how it goes
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, set minimum pressure at 6, and just sayin', you won't enjoy tonight nearly as much as those who have put up with your snoring and gasping. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you for taking such initiative!

I have the same set-up as you, and am very happy with it.

I started with a DreamStation Pro, but traded it for the Auto so that I can have treatment flexibility if desired.

It's not the best reason, but I prefer the white machine over the black one. Plus, it's a great shape to fit on the lower shelf of my nightstand (since the humidifier is supposed to be lower than your head, and my nightstand is slightly higher than my head).

I started with a non-heated hose, but the sometimes chilly air didn't feel so good. So now I use a heated hose (and I have the other for backup).

I thought I was a mouth breather. But I liked the minimalism of the Dreamwear, and I've found I have learned to comfortably breathe through my nose. I have the AmaraView as a backup, for if my nose is stuffy or I just don't wanna.

I had about $450 left to pay on my insurance deductible (for the fiscal year), so I wondered if I should just buy my stuff on my own. But I've decided to go the insurance route for now. Maybe next fiscal year, I'll pay out of pocket - it's empowering to get what you want when you want it.

Best of luck with your new nighttime breathing! It's an adjustment, but it's worth it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried a number of full face masks. almost all of them severely irritate the bridge of my nose. The Quattro FX has worked very well for me. The only problem I have has with it is some leakage at the bridge of my nose into my eyes. I have been using the Amara view for about a week. It doesn't cause any irritation at my nose and is probably as comfortable as a CPAP mask can be. It is tricky to adjust to eliminate leaks around the nose, however, but I've pretty much eliminated significant leaks. It does seem to require more frequent readjustment of the headgear than the Quattro FX.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,341 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 499 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 306 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 290 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.