Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board, not CPAP.
RE: New to the board, not CPAP.
thanks for all the great information. Person says they will give me power cord humidifier and comes without mask and hose. 

I was able to come down to $375 but still 8587 seems like a lot of hours but if you think it still had a good amount of time left then I might proceed with this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems high. Both in hours and cost.
Supplier #2 has "lightly used" (up to about 1500 hours) VAuto available for $799. Generally 15000 hrs is considered lifetime though may exceed that valu by a considerable amount. a 1yr warranty comes with Supplier #2
There are more, and more expensive, models. The "S" should be about the same as the VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
That does seem a little high for the hours That unit is over half its service life. The price vs hour rule-of-thumb is not linear. I would suggest that you keep looking, Also, for some reason, I wouldn't want a used hose or mask. Hoses are cheap enough that getting a new one is a no-brainer. As for the mask, Would you want a used toothbrush? Anyway, you already have a mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up my vauto with about 2600 hours on it from a private party for $225 usd. a little dirty and beat up on the outside but fully functional. I suspect that was a pretty good deal but by comparison even $375 seems a little high for a machine with half it's predicted life behind it. not terrible though if it's convenient and you'd rather not wait for a better deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not be looking at buying an S I would go for the VAuto it is a more flexible device it can do everything the S can do and be fully automatic. Just my opinion
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 won't consider a machine over 1500 hours, and most of the machines they sell are under 500. An Aircurve 10 S is worth less than the Vauto, and I think this one is a bit over-priced and over-used, although has plenty of life left. I would pass and keep looking.

What State of general location do you live in. We can keep an eye out for deals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
so after a few weeks finding a good deal on ebay i finally bought a used AirCurve 10 vauto with only 135 hours for $550 shipped. It will arrive tuesday.

Im new to the bipap world...what settings am i supposed to be using on my first night?

i really really really hope this makes me feel better. I dont care about the money i just want to feel great.

thanks guys all of you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
A standard start for someone that has been using Autoset CPAP at 14 cm (14/11) pressure is to start a bit lower on EPAP and add the missing pressure support. I'd like to recommend Vauto mode, EPAP min 9.0, max pressure 18 and PS 4.0 to start. All otehr settings can be default. Be sure to clean the SD card and purge the user data on a used machine. You got a very good deal, congrats!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Do a factory reset and format the SD card if it's there before setting it up. Why? To make sure none of the more obscure settings are in anything other than default.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do all those steps. Its looking like a early delivery for me as wel it should arrive today so i will do all this tonight.

I was also wondering what would you guys think about buying a dreamwear pillows or nose piece only mask? or should i continue using my amara view and keep taping my mouth. not gonna lie my leak rate is almost zero with the amara view with mouth taped something i wasnt able to achieve with my old dreamwear pillows...but then again i just found out with the amara view that my size is large not not medium or small like i was using with dreamwear and all my previous masks

Thanks guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,490 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,753 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 679 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,588 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,719 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
  Hi…I’m new to this board Restingjess 3 970 01-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Restingjess

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.