Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board, not CPAP.
RE: New to the board, not CPAP.
A lot of us use the Resmed Airfit P10. Very easy to seal the mask, but another one that tends to require the larger size pillows to fit right. If you have to tape anyway, I think it is the lightest and quietest mask on the market. The choice of mask is a personal one that should be guided by comfort and what works for you. If you chronically leak air from your mouth, a nasal pillows may not be the best choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
will def take advice on that p10 mask.

finally got the aircurve and want to make sure everything is correct (dont know if IPAP means max pressure?)

[attachment=24136]
Post Reply Post Reply
IPAP means inhale pressure
EPAP means Exhale pressure
Max IPAP means don't go over this pressure
Min EPAP is your starting pressure and pressure will not go below this.
PS is the difference between EPAP and IPAP, IPAP=EPAP+PS
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off your screenshot, your IPAP will start at 13-cm while your EPAP is at 9-cm. Your pressure can increase to where your IPAP will be 18-cm and your EPAP will be 14-cm.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2020, 06:30 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Based off your screenshot, your  IPAP will start at 13-cm while your EPAP is at 9-cm.  Your pressure can increase to where your IPAP will be 18-cm and your EPAP will be 14-cm.

Im sorry but Im not so good at this...this means that my screenshot is following the following  Sleepriders advice:

A standard start for someone that has been using Autoset CPAP at 14 cm (14/11) pressure is to start a bit lower on EPAP and add the missing pressure support. I'd like to recommend Vauto mode, EPAP min 9.0, max pressure 18 and PS 4.0 to start. All otehr settings can be default.”
Post Reply Post Reply
You're good to go!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Here goes my first night with the AirCurve guys...I did wake up around 2am because a dog was so loud outside my house

Also the first 20-30 minutes of therapy I could not sleep...the low air pressure was suffocating me so I spend it trying to control my breathing until my pressure went up from 4 till like 7 or 8 

other than that ill keep reporting on how I feel throughout the day. 

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's compare your chart from the Aircurve 10 to a previous one posted on the thread from June 9.  Here is what stands out to me, aside from events.  Your tidal volume has moved from 420 mL here to 500 mL with the Aircurve 10 Vauto.  You are getting more air with less effort in every breath.  This has changed your minute vent from 5.88 L/min to 7.38 L/min, meaning you have more air to work with to properly oxygenate and ventilate. You WILL feel this difference as time moves on.

Your 95% flow limit has moved from 0.16 to 0.11, and we will eventually increase PS to improve that metric.  The good news is all of this improvement has not resulted in an increase in CA events.  Your median EPAP pressure was 10.22, so moving you back to a minimum of 9.0 was effective and pretty close to where we want to be as there are less than 3-cm of pressure fluctuation through the night, and this will be reduced further when we add PS. 

Give yourself time to adapt to this pressure and feel comfortable with it, and when your are ready, increase PS to 4.4.  Do not feel rushed to make this change.  I do not see any need to change trigger, cycle or timing settings.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=23737]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 08:55 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's compare your chart from the Aircurve 10 to a previous one posted on the thread from June 9.  Here is what stands out to me, aside from events.  Your tidal volume has moved from 420 mL here to 500 mL with the Aircurve 10 Vauto.  You are getting more air with less effort in every breath.  This has changed your minute vent from 5.88 L/min to 7.38 L/min, meaning you have more air to work with to properly oxygenate and ventilate. You WILL feel this difference as time moves on.

Your 95% flow limit has moved from 0.16 to 0.11, and we will eventually increase PS to improve that metric.  The good news is all of this improvement has not resulted in an increase in CA events.  Your median EPAP pressure was 10.22, so moving you back to a minimum of 9.0 was effective and pretty close to where we want to be as there are less than 3-cm of pressure fluctuation through the night, and this will be reduced further when we add PS. 

Give yourself time to adapt to this pressure and feel comfortable with it, and when your are ready, increase PS to 4.4.  Do not feel rushed to make this change.  I do not see any need to change trigger, cycle or timing settings.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=23737]

thanks for the imformative reply.

i actually am feeling pretty good. i was not expecting an overnight change. 

i guess all i have a problem is with the suffocation feeling i feel during the first 20 minutes until it goes up...i think its called the ramp?
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn off ramp. I can see the more distressed breathing during ramp. You don’t think any of us that have been around actually use ramp, do you?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,338 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 499 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,671 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 644 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,544 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,686 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
  Hi…I’m new to this board Restingjess 3 945 01-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Restingjess

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.