Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board, not CPAP.
RE: New to the board, not CPAP.
(06-30-2020, 11:42 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Turn off ramp. I can see the more distressed breathing during ramp. You don’t think any of us that have been around actually use ramp, do you?

hahaha man i hope not...

will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning

attached is my screeshot for my second morning with my aircurve. woke up a little more awake then i usually do. lets see how the day goes for me.

thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning everyone. So far its been an experience with the machine. My daytime fatigue drowsiness is not gone BUT I can feel where my tiredness is not as much anymore to conflict with my work. I work as a emergency room tech/nurse aid and with the coronavirus going on the workload is so so so much but I feel with the aircurve and a cup of coffee it makes a difference in energy when the airsense and a cup of coffee felt like it did nothing. Here are my last 3 nights.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have beat back the flow limitations and have about 2-3 OA per hour remaining. If this is a pressure treatable problem, then the answer is to raise EPAP min until those events diminish. Nothing else needs to be done to PS or IPAP max. I think you are very close to optimal therapy, but need a higher minimum EPAP. You will just have to experiment with it and start by increasing EPAP min from 9.0 to 10.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2020, 08:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You have beat back the flow limitations and have about 2-3 OA per hour remaining.  If this is a pressure treatable problem, then the answer is to raise EPAP min until those events diminish. Nothing else needs to be done to PS or IPAP max.  I think you are very close to optimal therapy, but need a higher minimum EPAP.  You will just have to experiment with it and start by increasing EPAP min from 9.0 to 10.0.

Ill try 10 tonight and wait till a week to increase. Thanks.

If at some point this is not pressure treatable, what can be other causes for all this?
Post Reply Post Reply
At this point I don't see clusters of obstruction that points to a collar, so I think hitting the right EPAP pressure should work fine. Let's not worry about it. The way the Vauto works, it usually detects flow limitation ahead of an obstructive apnea and raises pressure. You don't have much residual flow limitation to send a warning signal, so we just make sure the minimum is high enough to keep the airway patent. If you want, we can take a closer view of a few events and see how they arise. To do that just use the Events tab, click on the event you want to view, and adjust the time slider to about 3-minutes, then take the screenshot.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning everyone.

I have been using the machine for a month now and well I feel some difference but its very confusing. Yesterday I elevated the minimum pressure all the way to 18 and had the high at 18 and had the lowest events since being on the AirCurve. Something that is strange because with the other machine the AirSense sometimes I would even increase the pressure high and my IHA was all over the place, no matter the pressure settings. Sometimes I would wake up with 0.90 or sometimes with 3.5 but the past 3 days with the AirCurve at 18 High and low ive been getting under 1.0 AHI. Fluke maybe.

Here comes the confusing part. At the lowest point I've had with the AHI with this machine yesterday (0.14) I felt so incredibly tired like never before. I literally needed 4 cups of coffee from 6 am-12pm to wake up. Waking up was incredibly hard like never before and I was just mind fogged all day. Literally got home and just collapsed into my bed and fell asleep with my clothes on thats how tired it was.

Is it possible to sleep too good? Haha. I hope its because I need to adjust to this low pressure?

Ill post pictures of my past days. Thanks guys!

Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
A low AHI value does not guarantee a restful sleep. It could be the higher pressure was preventing you from dropping into a deep sleep. By not achieving a deep sleep stage, your body (airway passage) never fully relaxed thus no airway obstruction. Also, please update your profile. You are talking about your AirCurve and are displaying an AirSense and its pressure settings in your profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,338 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 499 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,671 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 644 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,544 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,686 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
  Hi…I’m new to this board Restingjess 3 947 01-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Restingjess

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.