Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board, not CPAP.
RE: New to the board, not CPAP.
Updated my profile.

So would what do you suggest I do? Have I should have been working my way down pressures and not up?
Post Reply Post Reply
When we last talked your were at 9 to 18 with PS 4.0, now you are all the way up to 16.0 to 18 with PS 2.0 which is fixed pressure and very low pressure support. Somehow we have lost the pressure support that helped your flow limits and comfort, and ended p with really terrible sleep. I'm not surprised. We need to step back and think about where sleep was best and AHI was reasonable.

If 9 to 18 with PS 4 was insufficient for OA, your next step should have been 10 to 18 with PS 4, and you could have gone as high as EPAP min 13.0 max pressure 18 with PS 4 and had some good machine response. Once you hit EPAP min 14 you created a fixed pressure situation, and above that, you lost pressure support and needed to increase max pressure. I'd like you to step all the way back to 10-18 with PS 4 and let's go a bit slower and focus on comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
will do
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys I'm back again.

Kept doing what you guys had told me to do but started trying different masks which I was seeing high leak rates. I finally kinda found one that has way lower leak rates and feel kinda comfortable: Fisher & Paykel Forma Full Face. I've noticed my AHI is higher than the other masks as well and well to be honest I dont feel any relief...im still pretty tired. Pressure is the same. I've noticed mouth breathing as well maybe because I'm congested for a few weeks now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Somehow you have lost your pressure support. You were doing fine with PS 4, and right now you are using your Vauto like a CPAP. In my last post above, I suggesting increasing EPAP min, but maintaining the pressure support, and perhaps it was not clear that I was referring to setting EPAP plus PS 4, which requires that you increase the maximum pressure or IPAP to maintain that. Aa a result, your flow limitations are untreated, pressure is fluctuating and you are experiencing more obstructive apnea. If you are unclear about how to set your machine, please ask rather than suffering through 2-months of ineffective results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
when you say “you are using your vauto as a cpap” wasnt this what was requested? no use a set pressure not the vauto pressure?

sorry i didnt change anything but we have had rolling blackouts for the past couple of months lately i dont know if that was the cause. what exact settings are you recommending again?

i apologize its never my intetion to go out of my way to ruin good advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im so shocked that i opened up my aircurve settings just now that everything was messed up. I messed with raising the epap before but that was about it. my PS was at 0 and the epap and ipap was completely out of wack!!!! i never did that. do yall think the rolling blackouts reset my settings?

the following is my settings after i adjusted them just know according to your advice...let me know what i need to change please!

MODE VAuto
MAX IPAP 18.0
MAX EPAP 9.0
PS 4.0
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks fine. Note that if we increase EPAP min, we must also increase Max IPAP to leave room for the machine to make adjustments. The difference between EPAP and max IPAP must never be less than the PS, and let me clarify exactly what I want you to do.

Min EPAP plus PS plus 3 equals max IPAP. So if Min EPAP is 9.0 and PS is 4.0, then Max IPAP should be at least 16 (18 is fine). If we were ever to raise min EPAP to 14, with PS 4, then max IPAP should be 21. I have no idea how we got this messed up, but I never intended for you to lose PS which is the tool we were using to tame the flow limits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
            Good morning all. Heres my new reports after those mysterious changes from my machine and pretty much 2 months of useless therapies.

I haven't been feeling much a of a difference to be honest. I'm crashing around 2pm at work again and require more caffeine than ever Sad

The last chart (Oct 8) which is last night I decided to tape my mouth with the same mask one (Forma Full face mask) and I actually woke up really good...for some reason taping mouth always makes my therapy better. Also at this point after seeing all these mask leaks on my mask (which was supposed to stop all mask leaks) im gonna go back to a regular dreamwear mask or something.

Also for the charts besides the last one the last night one... I had my mouth opened...probably all night.

Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,318 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 481 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,653 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 642 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,541 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,685 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
  Hi…I’m new to this board Restingjess 3 945 01-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Restingjess

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.