Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board, not CPAP.
RE: New to the board, not CPAP.
The only consistent thing is the presence of episodes of airway obstruction and restriction from positional issues. Since you tolerate the PS 4.0 easily without CA, you may want to try adding in PS up to 5.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
will do. what are your thoughts on changing to a drewamwear nose piece only or pillows and keep taping?
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the mask that works best for you. If you can control mouth leaks, then a nasal interface is preferable. I have never had to resort to taping, so it's hard for me to relate to that, but I know a lot of members do this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to post again so soon, but the last 2 days have been dragging. My daytime drowsiness is pretty bad since the change of the p.s to 5 and well im just not feeling all well. Also I'm not sure if its because ive had a slight congestion but its been very hard to breathe in the mask, to the point where I'm taking it off in my sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply
Dude! when a change is clearly worse than were you were at, you need to go back to previous settings, even if I suggested it. Don't continue this. We may work on PS to refine it, but we sure don't want to cause a worse result. There is not CA activity, and everything is obstructive, so we need to reset and figure out what is going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Attachments are from my charts since I've been using the dreamwear nasal piece (1 week now)

So I ended up getting a Dreamwear nasal piece instead of a FFM and it seems like its working best for me. Large size was the key here.

AHI is low again but still feeling a bit tired BUT its an improvement from my previous FFM tiredness. I actually wake up onmy off days and I cannot stop sleeping. I notice when I sleep 8+ hours (which I can only do on my day before off nights since i wake up at 5:30 am everyday for work) I just cannot stop feeling like I could sleep all day. Its not a tiredness drowzyness just like It takes me a whole day to actually wake up. I think I'm sleeping too hard? So weird.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
hi all

ive been trying an increase in P.S. I'm now at 5.0 from 4.0. So far I've noticed I'm sleeping longer some days and I'm also waking up less. So thats some progress. Should I keep increasing the PS or my EPAP/APAP? Please advice. Thanks

Below are charts from my sleep

Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
There are usually diminishing returns to increasing PS above 5.0 when the 95% flow limitation hits zeros and inspiration time is under 1.8 seconds. You still have occasional OA and that may be positional or a need for higher EPAP, but there are very few events, and no pattern that requires a change. Hearing that it is positive progress is the most important piece of information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,321 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 484 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,655 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 643 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,542 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,685 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
  Hi…I’m new to this board Restingjess 3 945 01-22-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Restingjess

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.