Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the club.. starting my thread for all my questions that are sure to come. TIA!
RE: New to the club.. starting my thread for all my questions that are sure to come. TIA!
In addition to the above, a local CPAP vendor can sell me that pillow you were talking about today if what I described above might be a mask problem. I could then return the mask to the online place I bought it from and get the pillow and just hold onto it for a year. Because apparently you need to switch out everything after a year?

But, you guys can comment on if that’s necessary or not. It might be but wow does it sound like a possible scam to get you to keep buying more stuff. Obviously some stuff just naturally wears down.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the club.. starting my thread for all my questions that are sure to come. TIA!
Freddie, I like the nasal pillows mask. Give the one you have a fair chance, but most suppliers (durable medical equipment DME) will accommodate a mask change if size, fit or style doesn't work. Masks require fairly frequent updates that insurance usually covers. You will have to find out what your insurance allows. Typically the mask is replace on a 6-month basis, but sometimes the mask cushion is replaced monthly or on a 3 month rotation. Ask what's covered, decide what you need and act accordingly. I find frequent replacement of parts makes things more comfortable, fit better and leaks less.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I understand where you’re coming from. I should have mentioned I have no insurance (whoo) so it makes it a little trickier.

Do you have any advice on my issues last night? It was really unpleasant and makes me not want to try again tonight.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same experience with the dreamwear with the flexing of the mask kept me awake. The Resmed F30 or F30I is not like that it stays in place and I find it works well. One thing you should know is that you don't have to get a mask at a supplier, they are available on Amazon, Ebay and I'm sure others. So if you don't have insurance it is cheaper.

As far as your first night it is almost impossible to say anything without seeing data (OSCAR). I'm sorry but what someone feels is very hard to take as what is wrong. The only thing I would say is that your pressure may be to low. The feeling of being air-starved comes when you do not have enough pressure to fill your lungs. Most people need at least 8 on the minimum to get enough air some need more.

+++
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Understand and makes sense. I’m trying to find a computer I can put this SD card in and will report back.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any computer with a USB port can accept a card reader device. They can be purchased for around $15 USD.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=29639 Wrote:Crimson Nape pid='382695' dateline='1612473700']Any computer with a USB port can accept a card reader device.   They can be purchased for around $15 USD.

For sure. I was trying to avoid any cost and luckily my local library nearby had an SD card reader. Hooray.

So below is my OSCAR info. I read the wiki on how to show you guys this stuff but I'm not sure if taking a screenshot and posting it is the preferred way. Please let me know if not. 

I don't know what any of this means but I'm sure I'll learn in time! Are you guys able to tell anything? Do I just need to boost the minimum pressure as someone on the sleep apnea subreddit suggested? 

Thanks in advance.

Edit: for reference, I think I was awake for almost the entirety of this 'session' until the end when I may have fallen asleep and instantly or very quickly woke up in a panic trying to breathe.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hate to be that guy but I’m close to going to bed and I’m really afraid to wear the mask again tonight. Just thought I’d bump in case not creating a new thread is a better idea.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not trying to give you a hard time. But you have slept for many years without a pap machine. Now you have a machine BLOWING air not limiting air. Even if it stopped in the night you can breathe, if it is a nasal mask you can breathe through your mouth and all full face masked are designed to be able to breathe when the machine is off. There really nothing the pap machine can do to harm you. 

You just need to get use to it. I hope you have a better night!!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess that makes sense and is a bit comforting because I did have anxiety thinking I was going to suffocate or something but whatever happened, it was REALLY disconcerting. So if I’m breathing back in C02 which someone on Reddit said (though sounds wrong haha) or whatever the reason, I need to figure it out so it doesn’t feel like I’m dying.

But fair point! Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.