Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the forum
RE: New to the forum
(08-19-2015, 05:27 PM)fvcroft Wrote: II'm happy so far tho, my AHI was 41 and my machine says last night was 10 so progress is being made. Smile

Hoseheads Dielaughing good one
Do you know the breakdown of events?
LCD detailed sleep report shows average usage hours, leak, AHI, total AI, central AI
[providing "Sleep Quality" set to "ON" (not Usage) from the clinical menu

SleepyHead software (download link is at the top of the page) report much more insightful information of whats going on

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 09:53 AM)Alexa Wrote: Hi! I'm new too! I used to live in Brampton! Now I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. My pressure is similar to yours - I'm at 7.
Hi Alexa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't actually. I can certainly make note of that info. At this stage (brand new to therapy, more concerned with getting my event frequency down etc.) This sort of info/data is also going to be part of my education in the coming months. Which is where you fine folks come in Dancing
Basically I'ma work in progress... I just want to get through my day without "needing" a nap. I put that in quotations because I've been known to enjoy a nap now and then cha cha cha
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok..as promised...

Ave usage 5.9hrs
Pressure 5.8
Leak 6L/min
AHI 10
Total AI 9.8
Central AI 0.0

I don't understand much there
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO:

The hours are kind of low and have room to increase
I warm my machine up at a pressure of 6 BEFORE moving onto therapy pressure of 8-14
Your leak number is good, 24 is getting high, but you may be peaking higher. sleepyhead can show you that.
AHI is "okay" but should be able to be tweaked lower to <5 and with effort and some luck <1
with 0 central you are left with obstructive or hypopnea's for all your apnea's. again sleephead will let you see what is going on, but these are treated the same IIRC

Keep it up and get ready for some fine tuning of your treatment
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2015, 12:44 AM)PoolQ Wrote: IMHO:

The hours are kind of low and have room to increase
I warm my machine up at a pressure of 6 BEFORE moving onto therapy pressure of 8-14
Your leak number is good, 24 is getting high, but you may be peaking higher. sleepyhead can show you that.
AHI is "okay" but should be able to be tweaked lower to <5 and with effort and some luck <1
with 0 central you are left with obstructive or hypopnea's for all your apnea's. again sleephead will let you see what is going on, but these are treated the same IIRC

Keep it up and get ready for some fine tuning of your treatment

Ahhh, thank you for that.
Yes the hours would be low, for the last 15 years I have been an early riser... Either for work or I simply "woke up". I was first diagnosed with OSA back in 2003 so I assume that is part of the problem. Right now I'm happy to blame getting used to the mask for the low hours. However this morning I took a quick glance at the one display on my machine... Sleep Quality... It said
Hours 8.2
Mask fit Smile
AHI 0.2

Seems to be quite a departure from the info I gave yesterday. I understand yesterdays info was averages, and I also understand we are talking about 5 nights of info which isn't much to go on, but I must say each morning I wake up feeling better than the previous so far. Unfortunately Iam not able to collect my data with sleepyhead/resmed for various and sundry reasons so will have to trust the machine displays until that time.

Thank you for taking the time with me on this Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,704 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.