Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the forum. Question about face sweat
RE: New to the forum. Question about face sweat

Thanks
Thanks everyone for the welcome and the advice....the homemade liners did the trick last night! I'm well rested today and really glad I didn't have to mess with the manual settings Smile

(09-20-2016, 04:11 PM)rkl122 Wrote: Welcome! A small point, but don't forget to clean the mask every day. Might just make the difference. I take mine in the shower and shampoo it along with my hair. It loves that! Hang it on the fixture and it's ready to go come nighttime.

-Ron

rkl122, I had been cleaning it every day either on the sink or using wipes, but taking it the shower is a great idea! I'll do that from now on. Seems so convenient I might even wash my husband's too since he doesn't use shampoo...or have any hair Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2016, 08:59 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You may have sinus issues, but if you don't give a nasal pillows mask a try, you may be giving up one of the best sinus relievers ever invented. By applying therapy pressure directly to the nose, it opens sinuses and makes breathing easier. If your supplier will let you try a unit, don't miss the opportunity to do so.

Hi sleeprider.

Are you 100% sure about your statement?
I use a FFM and got problems between my humidifier setting, my AHI and my sinusitis. As higher the humidifier setting, better for low AHI but worst for sinusitis.
If your statement is true, maybe a change to nasal pillow mask can improve my therapy.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have less congestion/coughing at night with nasal pillows. I have allergic rhinitis year round. I haven't tried any other headsets. YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Erato05
Welcome

I also had difficulties with the mask causing me to itch, sweat, and create sores where the mask contacted my nose. Lower humidity gave me dry mouth. I found changing the internal temperature and humidity settings had no effect on any of theses symptoms. I believe the root causes are external, rather than the internal, to the equipment.

I tried liners both antibacterial ones made for the mask and home made one from various materials. They help a little.

I tried another mask, which also helped some.

Over time some of the symptoms will go away as your skin gets used to being in contact with mask cushion. Some folks are intolerant of the polyurethane, polyester, urethane, and silicone the cushions are made from. There are some cloth masks out there but I have not tried any.

I found three things that helped me overcome this problem. These were all used with FFM as I do know how to breath only through my nose.

* I turn on a fan to blow are across me when the temperature is
above 70F
* I wash my face and apply some lotion to my face before dawning
the mask, it improves the seal, creates a beerier between my skin
and the mask material, reducing face marks and extending the life
of the mask by protecting the mask from skin oil and sweat.
* Rotate masks, I use two mask which have significantly different
pressure points on my face.
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 395 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.