Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the forum. Would appreciate any advice
New to the forum. Would appreciate any advice
I'd appreciate any advice on getting my AHI under 1 consistently. I've finally gotten it to under 5. I've tried experimenting with BIPAP mode and APAP mode. It seems that between 9.5 and 10.2 is my ideal range.

adding last screenshot here

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the forum. Would appreciate any advice
Did you have a sleep study done?  If you have the reports, post them here.  
Looking to see if you experienced clear airways events before using an Apap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did have a sleep study done in 2019. I'll get that sent to me today and post those numbers as well. Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you used a PAP machine consistently since 2019?
How long have you been using a PAP machine?
And just to be clear both Opal and I are trying to determine the nature of your central and if they are long-term.

Unless you have a specific issue we like to see the following charts
Events, Flow Rate, Pressure (not Mask Pressure), Flow Limits (they drive pressure), Leak Rate
Also, minimize the calendar (the triangle by the date) so we can see your stats.
If we need others we will ask for them, if you have a question on one of the others post it and ask a question.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stopped using my Philips Dreamstation in the summer of 2019 after it was lost during travel. 

I recently got a new machine (ResMed Airsense 10) and have been using it almost daily for about two and a half months, since February 27, 2021 up to May 9, 2021. Many thanks.

I've attached the data you've asked for below and also a breakdown of statistics.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, you turned EPR Off and that is helping with the centrals.
Typically Treatment-Emergent Central Apneas diminish to disappear at 2-3 months of consistent use. You are in that zone now so it is unlikely they will completely go away. To help promote that we like to see a few CA events there to help you adjust to the PAP therapy.

In general Increasing EPR helps obstructive events and hurts central events.
In general Increasing differential pressure hurts central events. (so we look for a fairly constant pressure which you have noticed and done)
In general Increasing Pressure helps obstructive events and hurts central events.

OSA treatment in the presence of central events is a balancing act between obstructive events and central events, what helps central events tends to hurt obstructive events and vice versa.

On APAP/CPAP machines treatment of central events cannot be done so we try our best to avoid them and thus the balancing act I mentioned above.

So To see if we can smooth out your pressures Let's try a

Min pressure of 10 and a Max of 11

Also can you provide a 10 minute view of the centrals around 1:40 so we can see what they look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try the min. 10 - max. 11 tonight (and keep the EPR off?) and report back in a few days with the new results. 

I have attached a copy from the 1:40 mark to focus in on the CAs. Hope this is okay.

Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely keep EPR off for now. Down the road we may or may not try to work it in. If/when that happens make it a small change EPR=1, Fulltime.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've attached the last two days on min. 10 - max. 11 here. Should I just keep it on cpap mode at 10?

Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what to do. I've tried changing from fixed CPAP at 10 to APAP 9-10 or 10-11. Could some of the AHI spikes be from me rolling over onto my back from my side. I know we're not supposed to sleep on our backs. Is there something I need to do about my sleeping position? 

I also haven't changed out my mask since beginning on February 27, 2021, maybe I need to do that? 

Could you please give me some advice? Many thanks.

Not sure what to do. I've tried changing from fixed CPAP at 10 to APAP 9-10 or 10-11. Could some of the spikes be from me rolling over onto my back from my side. I know we're not supposed to sleep on our backs. Is there something I need to do about my sleeping position. 

I also haven't changed out my mask since beginning on February 27, 2021 (maybe I need to do that?). 

Could you please give me some advice? Many thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 263 57 minutes ago
Last Post: iamJB
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 857 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,790 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 787 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.