Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why do clinicians set min pressure so low on APAP?
RE: Why do clinicians set min pressure so low on APAP?
MarkMaxPayne, one of the chief problems, IMHO, is that most of the clinicians and DMEs have never used an Xpap themselves. I get better diabetes treatment from my doctor, I believe, not because he gets added training, but because his wife ALSO developed diabetes shortly before I did. He's living the issue. DMEs must set the machine based on their instructions from the doctor or lose their jobs. You, happily, can set your settings whatever way you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the 411. So now that I set my APAP MIN to my CPAP prescription of 7.0 (vs the 4.0 they set it to) I'm down to under a dozen incidents per night again. I think the clinicians need to pay attention to the settings doctors put in the prescriptions and make that the MIN if setting up a replacement machine for APAP. I'm on travel this week and I have to admit having a Z1 Auto that is less than half the size of my previous ten year old travel CPAP is pretty awesome...

Best,
-Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
When I set my min pressure too high I get CA events. To get rid of CA events I set my min pressure to 6.2. My max pressure is 11.0 anything Higher and i get severe jaw and ear pain. Also aerophagia bloating. My max pressure is always slightly less than my 95% median pressure. My prescription was for cpap at 12. I've been using cpap for 15 yrs. with no help from the cpap providers. I'm supposed to be waiting for a new sleep study. I am not convinced it will help anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 362 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.