Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the forum today
RE: New to the forum today
Welcome Jimi Owen, the tiredness in the afternoons will eventually get better, you have to remember your body is healing now after years of sleep and oxygen deprivation, keep at it and well done so far Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 03:25 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 10:46 AM)Jimi Owen Wrote: I did not have any problems with my provider and they were really good and let me use 3 different masks including nose pillows but I had the dry mouth thing and I guess I breath through my mouth so I stayed with the F10 full face.
Dry mouth is common with full face masks
Have you tried chinstrap with the nasal pillows?

No I never tried the chinstrap at home, they tried that at the sleep clinic and I found it uncomfortable then but everything at the sleep clinic seemed to cause leaks I believe she overtightened everything and that made it worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, Im new to this machine mask type stuff. i've been only able to use the mask for about 4 hours per night, but i'd did just start this week. My question is how many hours are good and yesterday I recorded AHI of 0.6 from prior days of 2.0 is that good
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2015, 12:27 PM)cbermea1 Wrote: Hey, Im new to this machine mask type stuff. i've been only able to use the mask for about 4 hours per night, but i'd did just start this week. My question is how many hours are good and yesterday I recorded AHI of 0.6 from prior days of 2.0 is that good

Ideally you want a normal nights sleep, which for most is 7 or 8 hours.

Four hours is enough to reach "compliance" so your insurance will pay for the machine. Four hours below AHI 5 is better than no hours at all.

If you are sleeping without the mask for three or four hours then you will be partially undoing the good that you get during the four hours with it.

You want the AHI to be under 5, so you are doing decently there. Mind you AHI isn't everything.

Why are you only getting 4 hours with the mask? Not meant to chide you but if you tell us why we might be able to give you some helpful suggestions.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 816 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.