Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the forum today
New to the forum today
This is my first post. I've been reading the forum for a month now and I must say this forum is a wealth of info especially for new people with sleep apnea.
I have been exhausted for a year and my family Doctor said I'm just getting old. I wasn't happy with that answer. My wife suggested a sleep study and my Doctor set me up with a clinic.
My AHI at the clinic was 58 per hour. The Doctor said that is severe.
Am I glad I went.
I recommend anyone who suspects abnormal tiredness to have a study done.
I found this website and read with interest and learned so much while I had my loaner machine, a Resmed S9 autoset.
Great instructions even telling how to set the machine settings. My provider was impressed I knew so much and understood so much about apnea. I did not have any problems with my provider and they were really good and let me use 3 different masks including nose pillows but I had the dry mouth thing and I guess I breath through my mouth so I stayed with the F10 full face.

I ordered the Resmed S9 autoset and it arrived 2 weeks ago.
My AHI is usually between 0 and 4.5 now.
I am getting a better sleep and amazingly I don't need to get up at 3 am for the washroom break as in the past 4 years. I still become tired by the afternoon but not like before.
Thanks everyone for great honest advice on this forum. I'm glad it is available.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the forum today
Welcome

Hope you participate in apneaboard -- learn more -- and pass on what you have learned to others.

You're off to a good start,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome aboard Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jimi Owen,
Welcome to Apnea Board. Hi
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard Jimi Owen!! You came to the right place for info. Good luck with your therapy!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

excellent - so glad you found us and we could help!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 10:46 AM)Jimi Owen Wrote: I did not have any problems with my provider and they were really good and let me use 3 different masks including nose pillows but I had the dry mouth thing and I guess I breath through my mouth so I stayed with the F10 full face.
Dry mouth is common with full face masks
Have you tried chinstrap with the nasal pillows?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Jimi. Great start and you can expect it to get better as you get even more adapted to the therapy and learn learn more what works for you. Don't be afraid to try some alternative masks. Most will be sold to you with a 30 day trial and are returnable if you can't make them work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 03:25 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 10:46 AM)Jimi Owen Wrote: I did not have any problems with my provider and they were really good and let me use 3 different masks including nose pillows but I had the dry mouth thing and I guess I breath through my mouth so I stayed with the F10 full face.
Dry mouth is common with full face masks
Have you tried chinstrap with the nasal pillows?
Finding the right mask is the hardest part of this whole thing. I would never agree to a full face unless I tried every other option first. Listen to Zonk--good advice right there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jimi Owen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s good to hear that you have had a good experience with your DME, I sure hope that continues.
It sounds like you are off to a good start, keep up the good work.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 820 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 688 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,587 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,742 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 500 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.