Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to this. Airsense 10 & Sinus issues
Hi, everyone. I've been shifting between a nasal mask and pillows as I get use to CPAP existence and I have a question. I've had my first run of about 2 weeks with reasonable success, but I've picked up a sinus infection - something I haven't had for a while. I've been following the cleaning regimen by cleaning once per week as doctor instructed. I looked for info on this in the forum here and a few people suggested that the humidifier was possibly the issue. They turned it off/took out the tank and their problems tended to go away. Is this still the best approach? If so, can I just remove the tank or do I need to put a panel on the side to cover it?

Thanks,

Caseous
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi Caseous,

I also have sinus problems. Sometimes so bad that I have bags under my eyes and migraines. Try and get hold of a very mild sinus spray that you can use all day. 'Train' yourself to breath through your nose all the time, it also help.
When my sinuses really act up, I use 3/4tsp saltwater and 3/4tsp baking soda dissolved in a cup of warm water. Be careful not to use too much salt, you'll burn your sinusses.

wrt the humidifier causing problems, I'm not sure.
You should've got a cover with the machine to insert when taking out the water canister. I slides in the same way as the water canister.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you need a side panel in order for the machine to function properly. They are relatively inexpensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello.

I got sinus troubles too.
I got an A10 too.
In my case I got the humidifier running in 4, EPR in 2 and tube temp. in 64 F. This are the settings for now, because in summer season they were different. We are using heaters in the house almost 24h/day. This make the HR inside the home lower than in summer.
In my case, as higher the humidity as better for low AHI, but if it is too high, I got problem with my sinusitis.
I think that you must begin to change this settings to find out the better settings for you, because all of they are related very tight with sinus problems.
I wipe the mask every day and clean it with dish soap and rinse it with a lot of water once/week.
I use saline solution spray twice/day.
I am very stable 2< AHI< 3, but I want to improve.
For the sinus infection I advise to see an ENT.
I am writing my experiences, but I am not a Dr., I don't have medical education and I understand that we are different and what is good for me can not work for you.
Hope that you can improve your therapy.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Caseous,
If you haven't tried this yet, get the NeoMed sinus rinse kit; that will come with a squeeze bottle and packets of salt. You put a salt packet and warm water into the bottle and clean your sinuses before bedtime and see if this helps.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Great suggestions, everyone. I'll try some. I do saline spray 2x day, but perhaps I need more. Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
sinus issues too....

I use saline rinses with a neti-pot / or sinus rinse bottle a few times a day. I also put a dab of eucalyptus oil/ vicks vapour rub near each nostril before using putting on my cpap mask. Wear a full-face mask and crank up the heated hose and humidifier (make sure your hose has a cover to prevent rain-out).

Also, I change my filter (anti-bacterial) more frequently than recommended... and use Bacteria/Viral Filters (Supplier #2??)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back pain, confusion & discouragement [mask issues and SpO2 questions] Albercook 1 75 1 hour ago
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed AirFit F20 issues rogerncormier74 9 221 02-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Hojo
  Still tired, is there other issues? oldfart59 3 203 02-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Oracle Oral Mask Issues hkcl 10 294 01-31-2018, 08:50 AM
Last Post: hkcl
  Large Leaks and other issues doickle 9 331 01-26-2018, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Hojo
  [Treatment] Balance Issues laneleonard 15 455 12-17-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: DanGagner
  Breathing Issues TBonz 9 404 11-19-2017, 05:21 AM