Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to this?? TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF ON COST??
RE: New to this?? TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF ON COST??
When I first spoke with my sleep doctor and looking things up online, it sounded like the DME would come to my home to set things up for the first time. After talking with my DME today, she said they don't do that anymore. Instead, patients come in and pick up the equipment and go through an orientation.

It is possible some DMEs still out to patients homes to help set things up, though I would expect them to call ahead and not just show up unannounced. Hopefully you got a card or something from the "salesman" so you can do your due diligence and follow up on where they came from and how they got your information.

I would check with your insurance and get the true story on what you deductible is, if you have a co-pay (my insurance only pays 80% after I meet my deductible) and if you need to rent the device for the first couple of months while you show compliance to therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to this?? TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF ON COST??
Even most DMEs are complete rip offs for what they bill you and your insurance vs what you get. Listen to the people here and take their experience to heart.

I just got a completely refurbished ResMed System One (550 model), which is an older model than what I had, but actually works like it is suppose to and sent my old one off for warranty repairs. Cost $429 total, and sent the invoice with a claim form to my insurance company this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Is $6,800 reasonable cost for a sleep study? Hrapovik 8 909 06-20-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: larrykay
  Low cost 12v - 24v power supply for SEFAM S.Box Kingsway 1 763 05-29-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  If Cost Were No Object Should Everyone Use an ASV? Perchance2Dream 7 718 03-17-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Diagnosis] cost of my sleep study withtao 11 840 10-11-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: withtao
  Cost of Diagnosis if uninsured TheManseHen 3 652 10-08-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: TheManseHen
Money Any using Medicare Advantage? SarcasticDave94 15 1,410 08-18-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Money [Equipment] E0470 Medicare allowable cost? lilymaebelle 2 765 01-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: lilymaebelle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.