Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to this forum
Hi. I am bugo and I live in the midwestern US. I was diagnosed today with obstructive sleep apnea. The test results were provided to me and I quit breathing 20 times an hour for more than 10 seconds during normal sleep and 101.4 times an hour during R.E.M. sleep. I understand that 100 times an hour is high. I will hopefully be getting my machine in the next few days and hoping it works because I have felt this way most of my life and I am ready to quit feeling this way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello bugo. Welcome You have come to the right place for all things sleep apnea.

Good luck with your new journey.
BananaBananaBananaBananaBanana
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day bugo, welcome to Apnea Board.

Yes, 100 events an hour is pretty rough - no wonder you don't feel well. Regarding the machine, don't sign up for anything without ensuring that 1) It's an auto-titrating device and 2) it's fully data capable. Sadly, it seems a lot of people in the DME business don't have the patient's best interests at heart and they will offload any old rubbish on you. Read this for some good advice: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ngle:Links

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-13-2016, 02:02 AM)bugo Wrote: Hi. I am bugo and I live in the midwestern US. I was diagnosed today with obstructive sleep apnea. The test results were provided to me and I quit breathing 20 times an hour for more than 10 seconds during normal sleep and 101.4 times an hour during R.E.M. sleep. I understand that 100 times an hour is high. I will hopefully be getting my machine in the next few days and hoping it works because I have felt this way most of my life and I am ready to quit feeling this way.

Hi bugo. Another welcome to the board. Listen to DeepBreathing and get a good machine. The next step will be getting a mask that works for you.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post from Imgur

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bugo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you start your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to forum have a question Teddysjam 8 274 07-22-2017, 12:19 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  New to forum, and have a couple questions skysnake 4 282 06-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Issue with the forum software TASmart 6 355 05-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  NEW TO CPAP AND FORUM KijabeKid 40 1,296 03-26-2017, 11:25 PM
Last Post: KijabeKid
  BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed] SuperSleeper 217 6,775 02-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Help - Am I on the correct Forum?? Dagswe21 22 1,395 11-15-2016, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Dagswe21
  New to the forum. Question about face sweat Erato05 13 1,287 09-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear