Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Phillips Amara + chinstrap
Humidifier: RESMED S9
CPAP Pressure: 5 to 17
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Thumbsup New to this forum and new CPAP/APAP user
Just thought I'd say a quick hello out there to the fellow hose heads as we are known as according to the welcome PM I received from Bompa (thank you).

I found the forum when looking for software for my new machine as being a bit of a geek, I like to look at charts and data and confuse myself with information overload. SHa_biggrin5

I came to being diagnosed with sleep apnea after a near fatal motorbike accident where the bike was terminal, the 4WD I hit head on sustained minor damage and I sustained major damage.

Its been a long road to recovery and still not quite there, but to the credit of the hospital they have done extensive testing and sleep apnea was diagnosed as a possible cause of the accident, that is I fell asleep on the bike.

From the 3 nights so far I have spent on a machine, I have to say it is great not be tired anymore during the day. What I thought was normal was actually quite bad.

I look forward to reading through the forums fr or information, advice and guidance. I do have some immediate questions which don't seem to be covered from the searches I have done so far, but will go to the appropriate areas for those.

Thanks everyone in advance.ThanksSleep-well
12-03-2013 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tez62 Online

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: New to this forum and new CPAP/APAP user
Welcome, ThatOtherGuy, good news that you are recovering from your accident and that you have found the problem, now you start your long journey on CPAP.
12-03-2013 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclaimation [How to]  User Names Not to Use PollCat 16 2,447 08-06-2014 03:56 PM
Last Post: ThatOtherGuy