Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to this , need help please!
RE: New to this , need help please!

I've got the Clinician Manual and it basically says the same thing:

Quote:When the Tango is powered, the power indicator is lit and
the run hours are displayed on the LCD. All changes to
altitude and ramp settings are made in standby mode.

But then I'd have to ask, is there some way to re-set the run hours?

Looks like all you have to do is hit the power button on, and look at the LCD screen for run hours.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2012, 06:39 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 06:27 PM)CHanlon Wrote:
(04-24-2012, 06:07 PM)antcyd Wrote: can I find the hours used somewhere on the machine?
User manual says that run hours are displayed when it's in idle mode.
That's all it says, though, so I'm not sure if thats current run, last nights run...total run...
Looking for a clincians manual now.

I've got the Clinician Manual and it basically says the same thing:
Quote:When the Tango is powered, the power indicator is lit and
the run hours are displayed on the LCD. All changes to
altitude and ramp settings are made in standby mode.
Wow. That's darned informative. :-p

Note: This machine is so not data capable, it's almost data negative...

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2012, 06:40 PM)CHanlon Wrote: Wow. That's darned informative. :-p

Note: This machine is so not data capable, it's almost data negative...

Yeah, Clinician's Manual doesn't give much info at all other than basics on how to setup the machine and change pressures.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Today I am being told by the insurance company that my doctor submitted a "stat" order for me to have new machine and that the DME willl have to provide it at no cost to me. The DME says they are "processing" the order and will call me and talk to me about what machine and when they will deliver it. Trying to be hopeful but its hard after all this crap!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2012, 12:16 PM)antcyd Wrote: Today I am being told by the insurance company that my doctor submitted a "stat" order for me to have new machine and that the DME willl have to provide it at no cost to me. The DME says they are "processing" the order and will call me and talk to me about what machine and when they will deliver it. Trying to be hopeful but its hard after all this crap!!!

It is good to hear that the Insurance Co. stepped in on your behalf. Hopefully the DME will work quickly to get you the new machine. Do you know what the new machine is? If so you may want to go ahead a download the manuals for it so you can start getting familiar with it. There is a good chance based on this DME's track record that they will not do a very good job of getting it setup for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you! Empowerment feels good, doesn't it? Taking charge of your own health is a big deal and something we should all do.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2012, 12:16 PM)antcyd Wrote: Today I am being told by the insurance company that my doctor submitted a "stat" order for me to have new machine and that the DME willl have to provide it at no cost to me. The DME says they are "processing" the order and will call me and talk to me about what machine and when they will deliver it. Trying to be hopeful but its hard after all this crap!!!

Hi, antcyd. Is it possible for you to get a copy of your doctor's prescription? Usually, you can call the doctors office and the nurse/secretary/receptionist can fax/email you a copy of it. If they question your need for the Rx, or say they sent it directly to the DME, tell them you have been advised to carry a copy of it with you when you travel. With the prescription, you will know what to demand when talking with your DME, both as to machine and mask. AND it is a good record to have, since many online companies require one for even simply replacements, etc. And speaking of your DME - is this a national company or a local deal? For example, Apria and Lincare, to name a few, are nationals.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
What new machine the doc ordered? get a copy of the prescription. Insurance is only interested in compliance data hours used at least 4 hours per night so they can pay for the machine but they pay just the same for whatever machine you get the basic or efficacy data capable machine. you want and hopefully your doc too is machine that shows efficacy data (AHI, pressure, leak) not just hours used to meet insurance requirement. You want ResMed S9 AutoSet or S9 Elite and no S9 Escape Auto or S9 Escape. (No Escape in the name) and the same goes for Phillips Respironics System One No Plus in the name.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well took a week longer then they said it would but I just recieved my new Resmed S9 machine and I am one happy girl!!! Never thought I would say this but I cant wait to use my CPAP machine tonight!!!
Insurance companies and DME's SUCK!!! LOL
Thanks everyone for your support, will let you know how it goes!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations, antcyd. You stuck by your guns and it paid off.

I love the smell of fresh Patient Empowerment in the morning air...

Thumbs-up-2

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.