Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to this w/mask issue
New to this w/mask issue
Hi, everyone. Like all of you, I seem to have won the apnea lottery. I'm currently getting used to a Resmed Airsense10 CPAP machine with a small-sized, Mirage Micro nose mask. After 2 nights, it has bruised the bridge of my nose and the space between my nose and eyes enough that I had to take a break. Got some REMzzzs liners for the mask, which have made a difference: The bruising on the side of my nose is gone, but the bridge is still getting hammered. Has anyone had this experience and does anyone have any advice about fitting the mask in a way that doesn't actually injure you or mark you up? With the REMzzz's I've gone two nights and I'm starting to get used to the machine but don't want to get sidelined by this nose issue.

Thanks for any advice!

C.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to this w/mask issue
Would help if you filled out more of your profile, like what is your pressure range.

Generically most people over tighten the mask while trying to prevent leaks. For most masks you put them on fairly lose, turn on the blower, pull the mask slightly away from you face to let the seal inflate, and then let the mask settle back down.

If it keeps up hurting, you may need to try a different mask-many choices out there, mine for instance does not even touch the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the nasal pillows, because they don't touch anything but the bast of my nose. I was concerned about vinyl touching skin issues, so after the sleep study, I went straight to nasal pillows. You might like those.

If you try them, don't go too small on the pillows size. After being told I looked like a small, I've finally moved to a large -- because more air comes through it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. Filled out the profile. Will try to go with even looser fitting tonight to see if I can find the line where the pressure is too loose to work. If I can't get it to work, I'll make an appointment to try a different mask or the pillows.

Thanks again,
C.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 42 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 107 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.