Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to treatment
RE: New to treatment
Soft cervical collars come in many sizes--hard to find different ones at some big box stores. You may be fine with the 3"--I had one like that and it was too big for my short female neck. Look online--many give fitting charts. I found one at a local pharmacy when the big box "pharmacies" didn't stock them in various sizes. They were only a dollar or two more than online and the packages came with sizing charts and directions for measuring.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to build on what SleepRider said.  The probable reason for your late night apneas is not uncommon.  The last 2-3 hours of sleep is primarily REM cycle sleep and many people are more sensitive to apneas during this time.  So, changing when you get up probably won't help that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The combination of a predisposition to sleep transition apnea and a low arousal threshold can lead to a repetitive CSA cycle as the individual oscillates between wake and sleep. I'm wondering if that is what is happening to the OP in that last hour of the morning.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also get most of my problems in the morning between 4 and about 6:00.That is when I have most of my CSA.

I think it is because I take my a fib medicine at midnight and it takes 3 to 4 hours to hit its high point and that is when my sleep is affected.
Post Reply Post Reply
That may be a side-effect to discuss with your doctor. It's not going to be very easy to modify the CPAP to accommodate the centrals if that is a side-effect of medication.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again everyone,

So I turned the EPR on again but apparently I missed a setting as it was only on during the ramp periode. I will adjust that today to full time. Here is a screenshot of last night, as you can see, a lot of CA events and only three OA. Again the leakage is due to an open mouth so will have to do something about that.

[attachment=4729
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that using EPR full time will increase central events.  If you want ASV, you are certainly heading the right direction.   Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought the full time EPR would help reduce the open mouth as I had none before removing the EPR unless of course the higher fixed pressure is causing the issue. Thinking-about Unsure
:huh
Post Reply Post Reply
To be honest, I don't see much difference in AHI between a pressure of 9 with 1 EPR and a pressure of 11 without EPR. The higher pressure seems to take out the obstructive apnea, but centrals remain focused later in the night. I have no problem if you use EPR or even if you use some lower pressure, as I think you may have hit on the root cause of the events being a medication issue. That is what you apparently need to discuss with the doctors. I get a bit confused because you switch settings frequently, so us old guys lose track.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Sleeprider, I think you are confusing me with Jerry1967. He takes meds at midnight for a fibrillation issue. I'm just trying to sort out why I seem to be opening my mouth since I went on a fixed pressure instead of adjustable. I thought the EPR being off may have been having that effect. Hopefully when I see the technician later this week she will have something to say about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 55 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 282 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 198 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,024 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 583 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.