Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user
New user
I am a new user and have the Phillips responds step one on trial with nasal pillows. I have had the machine on trial and return it on Monday. I live in Canada and have coverage for 75% of machine and will pay 275$ out of pocket but this is for Phillips without data collection. If I want the data option they want 1000$ instead of 275$. Will I use this package and is it worth the extra expense? Also, on trial I used the nasal pillows with a chin strap so I do not open my mouth. Is there another mask that someone recommends as I find the pillows sloppy and not secure. Also , how will I know I have the right cpap setting as during the sleep study they see me 1 time. I am having my titration sleep study this Saturday night in the hospital. I feel as if i have little control and wan to make sure it will all be correct. The respiroligist and even more important his secretary are excellent at what they do. What advice can you shed and I am a registered nurse so if you want to use medical words then go ahead and if not I understand that too!Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user
Hi MGR,

Welcome

You are in the right place, there are a lot of folks here that can help you make your way down this path.
Maybe even save you a lot of $$ too!

Hint: You will most likely want the data collection...BUT hold off till you talk to some more people here!
data collection is usually NOT $1,000 more so hand in there!

Sleep-well

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MGR,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You would benefit by having a data-capable machine. If you get a non-data-capable, (brick,) machine, the only thing you will know is hours used and there is SO much more you will want to know than that.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
Best of luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to "The" Forum MGR.(From another Canuck!)
You'll find a lot of real good tips, hints, and good advice here.
We do like to have a little fun too!!Banana

The majority of us use a machine that we can gather and save data, just to see how we are progressing.
I have a ResMed Elite S9 with humidifier, and heated hose along with nasal Pillows.
I use a program, ResScan, Which can be downloaded from this site and also a program called Sleepyhead.

Check out our Supplier's List: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Once again Welcome and have a good day!

Dreaming oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 08:52 PM)MGR Wrote: If I want the data option they want 1000$ instead of 275$. Will I use this package and is it worth the extra expense?
Absolutely worth every penny. The machine is useless without data
You and your doctor need data to evaluate how the treatment is working

Data is the most essential feature along with the right mask
Just like diabetic or heart patient need data, so an apneics need data too
Have you checked the price with other local suppliers
US on-line prices are lot cheaper, most would not sell Resmed to foreigners except suppliers #10 and #2

Post Reply Post Reply
Shoot, for the $1000 you can go to Supplier #2 and get a used Autoset or PRS1 Auto. Heck, you can almost get two.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What Paula said. Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,155 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.