Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user. Am I sleeping with the device correctly?
New user. Am I sleeping with the device correctly?
Hello. Sorry for the typos in the text, I'm from the Russian Federation and I have to use automated translation. I am a novice user of RESMED 9 so far without a humidifier. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to find information about sipap. However, your forum seems to be filled with helpful people who are ready to help. I’m sleeping with the device for three days, the time spent in the mask is gradually increasing. I don’t stand it all night, but it seems to me getting used to it. Please give some recommendations on the graphs below, is this possible? Thanks a lot.

I forgot to mention that I’m sleeping on a Cpap pillow, which supports the neck.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user. Am I sleeping with the device correctly?
Welcome, Andray.  Your machine seems to be controlling your ventilation problems rather well, if judging only by the small sample you provide us.  What stands out, to me, is the indication that you are experiencing large leaks.  What we don't know, nor you apparently, is when and where the leaks happen.  Do they happen when your face moves against a pillow or an arm and your mask is deformed against either one, or merely displaced enough that the seal is broken? Or, maybe you have leaks through your mouth, but they don't arouse you sufficiently that you notice them.

Do you awaken at times with a dry mouth and tongue?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note of encouragement. You appear to be off to an excellent start, and you will undoubtedly continue to get more and more used to the experience as time goes by. It’ll be good to see how things are looking in a few days, so I hope you’ll post again. When you do, could you order your graphs this way:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snore

That will help the experts to see clearly how you’re doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. Leaks in the mask I think happened when I woke up scratched my nose, or correcting a mask. I am a new cpap user. I took off my mask for a long time tonight. Until I got used to the mask. About dry mouth. This happened when using a nasal mask. Now the mask is full-face.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will try to make the following graphs as you indicated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2019, 11:14 AM)andray Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Leaks in the mask I think happened when I woke up scratched my nose, or correcting a mask. I am a new cpap user. I took off my mask for a long time tonight. Until I got used to the mask. About dry mouth. This happened when using a nasal mask. Now the mask is full-face.

I think you will find, Andray, that some of your leaks last longer than the three or four seconds it takes for you to adjust your cushion.  At least one, indicated in your second image, shows a greyed vertical bar over one large leak lasting several long seconds.

It will be instructive to see how you adapt to this novel therapy and whether your machine continues to treat you as well as it is currently doing.  Let's wait a bit and see what happens over the next week.  So far, though, you are being well-managed.

Please do as Dormeo asks and re-organize your chart so that the more useful information appears in the first four or five items.  That will often mean you'll only have to post one image per night, and not a split one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello andray and welcome to the forum, you will find good help here. Your posts are translated well and are very readable. I think your charts look pretty good. You will find a Mask Primer here that will help in controlling your leaks. The chart that you posted shows your AHI = 0.99, all hypopnea which is good. There are people here that can help with interpretation of your charts more than I can so continue to post your data.
Did you have a sleep test in a lab? What are/were your symptoms? Do you have a copy of the sleep test report? If you could share the numbers from your sleep test that would be helpful. I wish you well in your treatment. 
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your advice! Support is important. I will try further. Will post results when I accumulate a few. To understand the dynamics.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2019, 12:13 PM)stanleydean Wrote: Hello andray and welcome to the forum, you will find good help here. Your posts are translated well and are very readable. I think your charts look pretty good. You will find a Mask Primer here that will help in controlling your leaks. The chart that you posted shows your AHI = 0.99, all hypopnea which is good. There are people here that can help with interpretation of your charts more than I can so continue to post your data.
Did you have a sleep test in a lab? What are/were your symptoms? Do you have a copy of the sleep test report? If you could share the numbers from your sleep test that would be helpful. I wish you well in your treatment. 
Stan

Mask Primer is something like a face cream? I use a full face mask with gel insert on the edge (blue).Do I need to use Mask Primer?The test results of sleep I try to lay out. Hope something useful in them .
Post Reply Post Reply
A primer in English is a 'guide' or an 'instruction'. 

See here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,042 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 632 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,089 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 995 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 284 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,202 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.