Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user. Am I sleeping with the device correctly?
RE: New user. Am I sleeping with the device correctly?
Everything looks good andray, and looks like you have a good Doctor to help you too!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good results from what I'm seeing. The last adjustments reduced CA, which is good. I would stay with this. If dry mouth becomes a problem, you can increase the humidity number. Best wishes on success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Andray, I'm very glad that you found a real sleep doctor. Your results look great! Congratulations on adapting so well to treatment. You are doing wonders for your long-term health!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again! today managed to get an AHI value of 0.00. Is it possible? Or something is not measured correctly?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears possible, but you might want to zoom into the flow rate chart where those pressure increases and a recovery breath appear at 02:35, 03:05 and 03:50.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be curious what you see when you zoom in as Sleeprider suggests. My suspicion is that both you and the machine are responding to brief, high flow limitations. Whatever the case may be, your chart looks wonderful! Do you notice a difference in how you feel during the day? I wonder what difference it might make if you could sleep longer each night. Might that be something you could do?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank. I attach enlarged images. I felt good today. It is evening now, and I am full of energy, despite the fact that the week was full of business. Tell me what happened in these minutes, judging by the diagrams? Thanks for the tips and help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention - I slightly reduced cigarette smoking. Also about sleeping longer: unfortunately I take off the mask in a dream without controlling it. It happens automatically - in the morning I wake up, and the mask lies next to the pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear you are cutting back on smoking. As a former smoker, I know it is not easy, though I also know it is possible to quit altogether. But you already know this; you don't need a lecture from me!

Given the severity of your apnea and O2 desaturations, it is quite important that you work on keeping the mask on all night. Other people have had the same problem and have found ways to retrain themselves so that they don't take the mask off in their sleep. You could put on strips of tape that extend from the skin on your face to a mask strap, so that the pull of the tape on your skin would wake you up if you tried to take off your mask. Or you could try putting a headband or cap on, to serve the same function.

What's interesting is that after a short while, these kinds of efforts seem to solve the problem. Most people don't have to keep using these tricks.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank. I have a full-face mask like ComfortGel Blue (one famous Dutch company). Do you mean to stick the straps to the cheeks with a medical adhesive plaster?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,048 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 634 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,092 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 996 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 287 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,203 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.