Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user.... Any advice on my CPAP data?
New user.... Any advice on my CPAP data?
Please advise

TY

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user.... Any advice on my CPAP data?
Welcome to the forum.
Your numbers are good which brings us to the question of how do you feel?
With your numbers adjustments are mostly made based on comfort, how you feel.

You should set your min pressure and your ramp pressure to 7 to better work with the EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon, thank you and thank you for for your answer,, "With your numbers adjustments are mostly made based on comfort, how you feel"

That is a good question.. I don't know how I should feel :-). I've been using my CPAP for a month now and to be honest with you beside my snoring subsiding a lot, I don't feel any different. I was never excessively sleepy during the day before using the CPAP and I'm the same now. I think I have the same amount of energy as before. I don't really know what else should I be looking for as far as measure if I feel better or not.

As far as sleeping with the CPAP, I find that during the night (around hour 3-4) sometimes I somehow remove the mask and sleep the rest of the night w/o it. I currently use the P10 pillow mask but I have asked my doctor to give me the P30i as I think it would be much more comfortable and more difficult to remove it during the night. The pressure is not bothering me at all and I don't wake up with dry mouth/nose as some other people have pointed in this forum.

"You should set your min pressure and your ramp pressure to 7 to better work with the EPR" - Can you please explain in layman terms what this means?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR takes 1,2, or 3 cmw away from the currently set pressure Assume EPR = 3 for this discussion.
The CPAP's min pressure is 4, no exceptions, it cannot go lower than 4.
Assure your Set Pressure = 7

Applied Exhale pressure = 7 (set pressure) - EPR (3) = 4, all is OK with this.
Applied Exhale pressure = 6 (set pressure) - EPR (3) = 4, oops That math should be 3. BUT the AutoSet cannot go below 4, thus the applied Exhale pressure = 4
Applied Exhale pressure = 4 (set pressure) - EPR (3) = 4, oops That math should be 1. BUT the AutoSet cannot go below 4, thus the applied Exhale pressure = 4 and you are receiving NO benefit from the EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I understand. I've changed the min pressure and the ramp pressure to 7 and will se how it goes tonight.

Thank you much
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,826 5 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 302 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.