Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user/Intro
New user/Intro
Happy Tuesday all you former snorers.

I've been on my machine since August and it changed my life.

I've signed up, here, so that I can benefit from your experiences and eventually be able to help others, through mine.

I started on CPAP and, subsequent to a perceived (my word, not the medical community's) oxygen level issue, was put on BiPap.

Loved my ResMed CPAP....am having a VERY hard time loving my Phillips BiPap.

More on that in a separate post.

I finally broke down and got out my ResMed.  Now, I struggle with the Phillips as long as I can tolerate it, and then go to the ResMed....I have hoses EVERYWHERE!

To further take ownership in my therapy, I invested in an oximeter.

I have to report that my oxygen levels are consistently above 90% IRRESPECTIVE of which machine is being used.

And, with the CPAP, my overall sleep hygiene is vastly better....much less waking and adjusting.

Just some background.

Sweet dreams!

Monch
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user/Intro
Hi Monch, and welcome to the Apnea Board. Congrats on taking control of the apnea. Most like the ResMed product in varying degrees compared to Respironics. Part of the reason is ResMed tends to act faster to events and feels more natural. The machines that have EPR vs Flex on the Respironics is not only comfort related, but it can be used to help therapy for some.

If you have your detailed copy of the sleep study, if you had it done, you may want to post a redacted version on this thread. You may also want the free reporting tool OSCAR to show what a night's sleep with the CPAP looks like, and it shows us data to suggest optimization tweaks for you to use.

Best wishes on success. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks!

I've already downloaded OSCAR, in anticipation of learning everything possible about the therapy and for taking responsibility for my health.

I'll see what I can do about a detailed report.

Thanks, in advance, for any insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! Just a side note: you might want to keep your Phillips vs ResMed thoughts in this thread, as the two topics may be entwined.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 310 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 366 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  dgilluly Intro and APAP Settings Thread dgilluly 4 667 08-14-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dgilluly
Question Intro + DreamStation Performance Error Codes pennstump 4 4,793 07-21-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  New member - intro nickanti 7 976 06-09-2021, 05:25 AM
Last Post: nickanti
  Newbie Intro EngineerBoo 57 4,765 04-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.