Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user. Just received my machine!
Smile 
New user. Just received my machine!
Hello everyone! I officially received my ResMed Airsense Auto 10 with an AirFit N20 nasal mask about an hour ago. I was feeling a little overwhelmed at first (reading contract, setting everything up etc) but now that everything is set up and ready go, I am excited! Sorry for the useless topic but I was excited and wanted to introduce myself as I imagine I will be using this board frequently. Before being diagnosed with sleep apnea, I felt like I slept fine with no symptoms. My Dr gave me a referral based on my weight and I am glad he did. If I felt fine before, I can only imagine how I will feel once I start using my machine Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user. Just received my machine!
Best of luck!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, and good luck! You'll do fine. There may be a few ups and downs along the way, but in the long run you will benefit.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. Your are officially on your way to a better nights sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello & welcome! You're starting off with a great attitude. If you have any issues and/or concerns, this is the place to address them. Lots of people here with tons of CPAP experience.   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You've got the best machine for plain vanilla obstructive apnea. I see from your profile that you will be using a fixed pressure of 11. Why is that? Even ff it's what your Dr. prescribed it may not be the best setting. I was prescibed a fixed pressure but with the help and encouragement from this forum I found that I got much better results using the auto mode with a range of pressures. MyAir won't provide much useful darta. I suggest you download and install free OSCAR software (see link at top of page). You can post daily data as described in the links below and we will be able to advise you on the best settings if any adjustments are needed.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Don’t forget to make sure you have an SD card installed to collect the detailed data that OSCAR uses to generate reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is the best on the market, and has capabilities for efficacy and comfort you will eventually discover. Keep us posted and don't hesitate to learn how to get more out of your machine by requesting the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Setup Manual from the link at the top of this forum. Lots of great information in the clinical guide.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Melman
You've got the best machine for plain vanilla obstructive apnea. I see from your profile that you will be using a fixed pressure of 11. Why is that? Even ff it's what your Dr. prescribed it may not be the best setting. I was prescibed a fixed pressure but with the help and encouragement from this forum I found that I got much better results using the auto mode with a range of pressures. MyAir won't provide much useful darta. I suggest you download and install free OSCAR software (see link at top of page). You can post daily data as described in the links below and we will be able to advise you on the best settings if any adjustments are needed.

That is what the sleep study lab prescribed I suppose. How do I change it to auto mode? I just downloaded OSCAR Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The instructions can be found here: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

I suggest you start with a minimum pressure of 8 and a max of 20 with EPR set at 2. The machine will not go to 20 unless your condition requires it. There is no science behind my recommendation of 8 as a low setting but you definitely do not want to go as low as 4. Most feel starved for air at 4. Others may suggest a different min pressure. Do you have a copy of your sleep study? if so you should post it here with personal data redacted. Most importantly, let us know how you do at whatever settings you use, preferably by posting OSCAR data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,233 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 145 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 217 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 550 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 558 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Newish User of Breathing Machine RuralCPAP 0 408 03-13-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: RuralCPAP
  AS10 P10 user getting new machine, what headset are P10 nasal pillows users going to? SaldusMiegas 2 561 10-15-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.