Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user & SD card question
New user & SD card question
Hi, I've had my machine ResMed VPAP for 2 weeks now; I've been sleeping great - even through having an acute upper respiratory infection all last week.  But I'm wondering - how can I tell if its working good?  Sometimes I feel like the mask is leaking alot around it; sometimes I feel like the machine is blowing gale force winds!  I've read on this forum about people reading the SD card.  Is this something that is generally accepted for the patient to do?   I really didn't get much instruction when the machine was given to me; but I was shown how to take the sd card out and bring it in when insurance requires it to check compliance.
Can I mess up the sd card by taking it out and trying to download the data?
From what I can tell on the screens on the machine the leak rate seems to be really high like 76 or something, but now I can't find that screen again to double check it!!
So I'm not sure if its working good or not!
Thanks for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user & SD card question
Your machine is fully compatible with the free #Sleepyhead software. Download and install the software, upload your SD card into the program and standby to be amazed. The links in my signature describe how to organize the charts to best effect, post them on the forum and how to interpret the data. We're glad to help on the forum as well. A quick look at the signature links will reveal some of the power of this software.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, I did it!!! I installed sleepyhead and uploaded my data! Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.
Now about the readings .....
my leak rate is running in the 75-76% rate!! What can I do about that?
the first few days I had the Airfit 10 size medium but I had the loud "burping" noises alot from air escaping; so they switched me to a size small. But the pressure is so high when it ramps up to full pressure, that it is escaping all around it.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? Should I go back to the bigger mask?
I might add that I had the acute upper respiratory infection about days 3-10 of treatment and switched mask size about day 6.
the AHI was 0 last night, but thats probably not accurate with the leak rate so high?
Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they use a sizing template to fit your mask or just guess at it? My DME did not use the sizing template. I had to ask them to.  You can find the sizing template here: http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...ow_eng.pdf
Print it out and follow the instructions. Be sure to measure it to be sure it printed correctly. It will tell you what size mask you should use.

How much adjustment of the headgear have you tried? There is a good thread on this forum on getting a good fit: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED

If you go to the DME to try a different mask, take your machine so you can try it at pressure.

Make a couple of more posts so you can post your SleepyHead data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
They just gave me medium. I did find that template and print it - and thats why I called and requested a small. The medium seemed too long. But I almost think the readings were better with the medium.
Thanks for the link - very informative reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Grmato10,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I am so glad this forum is here; I've learned so much from people already; it really helps the adventure be less overwhelming!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just posted a new WIKI page Mask Primer

The Mask is usually the hardest part establishing Your control over your apnea,  This is my attempt to help anyone with this issue.  It will grow as I learn more.  Feel free to PM me with any suggestions.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 293 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Question: ResMed My Air & SD card rdudley9 2 714 06-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  New User - CO2 Vent Question JohnHornbuckle 5 1,255 04-02-2022, 10:40 AM
Last Post: JohnHornbuckle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.