Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Suggestion on new CPAP
RE: Need Suggestion on new CPAP
Hi again carolinakelly, You might take a look on the products review forum at: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum . There is good information there.
There is an article about the Resmed's 12/24 DC converter at:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum. I hope this helps you in your search.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems like there are occasionally noisy models of each type of machine.

S9 vs. PRS1 is like Ford vs. Chevy.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Against the masses, I suggest the Devilbiss Intellipap over the ResMed S9, in almost all situations (if you are a self pay patient). With a 5 year warranty, (when purchased from an online DME who has followed their policies), the Devilbiss is not any louder (real world) based on a simple "non documented" comparison, both on a hard table, and on a surface covered with a towel. the mask noise seemed to be more of an issue than that of the machine. ResMed in our opinion does make some of the quietest masks, and without argument, the highest quality products available. I would consider looking at cost of the equipment, and value of the 5 year warranty over the 2 year. The Everest that you were using was much louder, but much smaller and easier to travel with. All in all though, almost all travel bags are now the same size within an inch or two, so it really doesn't matter much which one you select in regards to space saving. All in all, I give Devilbiss the nod on this one. I currently use the Devilbiss, after 17+ years of using Respironics Remstars... ResMed is no doubt the highest quality, but not the best value for self pay customers that do not need use compliance monitoring. Resmed masks are always the top recommendation. We know of no other mask that can out perform, outlast, or maintain an excellent seal at high pressures to those made by ResMed. We favor the Activa Lt, followed closely by the Softgel, Swift FX for the pillow users, and either Quattro for the full face users. *I favor the original Mirage Nasal Mask (std), which I still use, long long long after it has been forgotten by most.. No, you can't have any of my new cushions... :-).*
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New User - Settings Suggestion - Disturbed Sleep ralphm123 3 329 11-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Suggestion to improve AHI, especially CA caffee666 7 649 01-31-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep Eye Mask Suggestion? Susabella 7 731 11-06-2022, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Mask Suggestion for High Pressures upsman 3 709 08-16-2021, 09:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  suggestion need samitkly 1 593 01-29-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  I AM NOT A DOCTOR BUT I DO HAVE A SUGGESTION Maggie 6 1,210 01-16-2021, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.