Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user -- first night w/ OSCAR
New user -- first night w/ OSCAR
Hi all-

This is an amazing forum.  I got my ResMed AirSense 10 Auto about two weeks ago and have gotten so much help reading through the threads.  I made some comfort adjustments, including minimum pressure, and have the machine more or less to where it felt good.  Still not 100% easy to fall asleep but getting better. 

So I figured it was time to up my game, buy an SD card, and start w/ OSCAR.  Attached is my chart from last night.  I got less sleep than I normally would (totally NOT because I was binging on a good show) but noticed today that I was "normal tired" -- like how I used to feel on not enough sleep -- instead of "not sure I can focus enough to type" tired.  Sure enough, the machine recorded ZERO events last night!  Wooooo!  

Obviously I'm happy with that, but any advice would be most welcome. My home sleep test showed approx. 19 events per hour.

Thanks all,
jfaustus

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user -- first night w/ OSCAR
About all I can offer is your therapy is as perfect as I have seen. We're looking at less than 7 hours of it, so the only advise I can possibly provide it, get in the habit of going to bed earlier (before 1:00 AM) and getting more sleep. Seriously, that is about as good as any chart I have seen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should add I'm using the Dreamwear nasal mask.  I like that has a pivot on the crown of the head since I'm a side sleeper and turn over a lot.  It came with the small mask attached which I used for two suffocating nights before moving up to the medium.  That was actually the first lesson I learned from this forum.  

It is def on the loud side, even with earplugs.  For that reason I may eventually try the P10 but intend to stick with my current setup for a bit of a 'breaking in' period first.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: About all I can offer is your therapy is as perfect as I have seen.  We're looking at less than 7 hours of it, so the only advise I can possibly provide it, get in the habit of going to bed earlier (before 1:00 AM) and getting more sleep.  Seriously, that is about as good as any chart I have seen.

Thanks!!!! I'm pretty happy.  I usually sleep more so will post a more regular night's sleep soon.  The time zone thingy added an hour -- so midnight-7am instead of 1am - 8am.  I'm going to look into fixing that.  

I see how often you post, Sleeprider.  I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating the help.

Best,
jfaustus
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 117 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 278 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  First night results from Oscar BobFromAccounting 7 396 02-10-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: glenncol

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.