Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user general info please
New user general info please
Hi fellow hoseheads.
Thanks for this Board it has been invaluable to me in getting started with APAP. I have been following various threads to try and make better sense of my SH data and whilst I am getting there I would appreciate any comments re the following
My 30 day SH data is
AHI 1.79
Hours p/n 7.09
Av Pressure 7.48
95% pressure 9.94
Av Leaks 2.57
95% leaks 9.60
My pressure settings are 6 to 12 and my s/study OA was 21

On recent first review my Dr told me to turn down the pressure from original 6.6 - 15 since I had about 7 days with no OA Since doing so I have had a small number of OA reappear each night and overall AHI has increased slightly This would appear to indicate that the higher range was more effective??

I suppose my real question is if the S9 is "automatic" presumably it decides what pressure I need and when why then do we need to set a
pressure range at all?

Thanks for listening I would welcome any comments re my data
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user general info please
Hi Jaypee, welcome to Apnea Board
Congrats, good results. AHI below 5 and leak well controlled below the acceptable level (24 L/min), 7 hours is good too
Data can change from one night to the next but trend over time that matter most together with "how you feel"

As for your question "why then do we need to set a pressure range at all?"
The machine does not increase pressure in a blink of eye so if setting the machine at a lower pressure than required might delay the response to prevent apnea events from occurring. Yes machine increase pressure in response to snoring and flow limitation which are the warnings signs for an apnea but when no events are detected, the pressure head down towards the minimum set pressure also some apnea events can occur without any of the warnings signs, in this case if the pressure was at the lower end would not prevent this type from apnea from occurring. It does makes sense to me, set the minimum pressure close to my titrated pressure and the maximum pressure a bit higher when goes to deeper sleep, rolled on my back or too much to drink. Too much fluctuation can disturb my sleep, also the reverse true for someone else ... there is no right or wrong, just what works for you Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user general info please
Hi Jaypee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use data-management software but hang in there and someone will help you with interpreting your graphs, soon.
Best of luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,986 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  General Issues Lusk 3 339 01-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,651 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,985 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.