Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user having trouble accessing data from older Resmed machine
(11-25-2015, 01:31 AM)Jcwbullseye Wrote: Thank you for the advice. If my AHI is above the 5, what should I be adjusting?

Depends on what's making it be above 5. If it's the hypopnea or obstructive apnea indices, you might raise the pressure. But if it's the central apnea (or clear airway) index, you might lower the pressure.

But in many ways this advice is a starting point when looking for a solution. There are often complications such as inability to tolerate higher pressure, or the fact that adjusting the pressure one way or the other will lower one index while raising another.

AHI is the sum of these three indices.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] New AirSense 10 Auto User-Need Help w/initial Pressure Min/Max Settings Orionsnet 46 913 Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New user Laying awake 13 262 03-19-2017, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Laying awake
  [Pressure] New cpap user 2 weeks into this mask questions Jcdwing 6 221 03-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Attila
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 31 29,867 03-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question new-B HAVING TROUBLE rnow 5 205 03-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Last Post: rnow
  New user & SD card question Grmato10 7 289 03-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  [CPAP] Should I replace older CPAP Latson 7 202 03-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Latson